SNF: Chiefs @ Jets

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Hands were inside the entire time. You're never going to get that called.

@Jakuvious

Here's clear video evidence of his hands not being inside at any time:

Right hand is on the side of the shoulder pad. Left hand is wrapped around on the back of the shoulder. Both hands have fistfuls of jersey. Very clear hold. You can literally see him tugging the jersey as Johnson tries to pull free.

• Like 3

Oh, yeah, it was definitely a hold. I only saw late in the play when Smith was pushing him down the screen when I first replied. Didn't see the big jersey tug before the scramble. But the forum was going wonky so my next queue'd post didn't go.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

The whole point of this entire Taylor Swift thing is to create a bad guy in the NFL. There isn't one, no one that everyone universally hates who isn't a fan of that particular team. That stuff gets ratings and builds drama. So enter Taylor Swift, talk about it until everyone is completely and utterly sick of it, and now people lose their mind over things that wouldn't normally bother them much.

Like an actual hold getting called. Everyone mad now, typical Chiefs! Always having the refs hand them games! Ignore the horrendous calls that made this an actual football game when it was 17-0 and Jets couldn't find water if they fell off a boat.

Good thing Salah had a hissy fit though, great leadership!

Clownish take.

35 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Ignore my av for a second - I concede that was 100% holding on Johnson (Smith holding him I mean).

I was actually wondering if they would have called offsetting penalties for hands to the face because he does smack him right in the helmet lol. 

In fact, when I watched the play live, I was watching Taylor on the other side (paranoid he would give up a flag). Apparently the refs were too lol.  But when you see that play back, it's legitimately hard to notice anything but the guys on the left side going to war. Like a funny photobomb or something

It would have been offsetting penalties because they called a penalty on a Jets DB. But that would have meant replaying 3rd and 22.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

It was by the letter of the law, just very ticky tacky. Didn’t blatantly impact the play IMO. I think the fact that a few plays earlier they missed a pretty blatant hold on the LT, and that he didn’t throw the flag until after the INT (a good few seconds after the “hold”) is what makes it seem all the more egregious.

I feel the NFL needs some system of accountability with their refs if they’re going to be shoving gambling in our faces like this. 

Yea, they were awful calls. Though tbf it fits w/ the NFL MO of heavily favoring offenses. OL have to practically commit murder to be called for a hold (& even then it often gets missed), while a DB can’t sneeze on a WR w/o being flagged. 

the league should make all OL wear a sort of mini boxing-glove to make it impossible to latch onto anything. But that would make the casuals upset to miss their basketball-on-grass.

• Like 1

The NFL needs the Chiefs in the SB. The ratings have stagnated. There are no blockbuster draws anymore besides the Chiefs, Bills, Cowboys. 49ers and Eagles are boring and don't have the pizazz to be in primetime every week (Dolphins haven't proved it consistently either). The NFL was banking on a resurgent Rogers, and not only you do you not have Rogers, but Burrow is banged up, and Herbert is playing like Herbstreit the commentator. It's just not a very high quality product at the moment, and the AFC QBs have regressed a bit. 

Ideally, you rig it such that it's Philli/Dallas/49ers in the NFC CG, and Bills/Chiefs in the AFC. Same **** every year until some other franchise steps up.

Edited by WheatieMan

6 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

The NFL needs the Chiefs in the SB. The ratings have stagnated. There are no blockbuster draws anymore besides the Chiefs, Bills, Cowboys. 49ers and Eagles are boring and don't have the pizazz to be in primetime every week (Dolphins haven't proved it consistently either). The NFL was banking on a resurgent Rogers, and not only you do you not have Rogers, but Burrow is banged up, and Herbert is playing like Herbstreit the commentator. It's just not a very high quality product at the moment, and the AFC QBs have regressed a bit. 

Ideally, you rig it such that it's Philli/Dallas/49ers in the NFC CG, and Bills/Chiefs in the AFC. Same **** every year until some other franchise steps up.

What exactly are the chiefs doing outside of having their star TE date a popular singer that the 49ers and Eagles with Hurts and CMC can't? 

The Eagles played a pretty good Superbowl against the Chiefs with basically the same team didn't they?

14 minutes ago, Dash said:

What exactly are the chiefs doing outside of having their star TE date a popular singer that the 49ers and Eagles with Hurts and CMC can't? 

The Eagles played a pretty good Superbowl against the Chiefs with basically the same team didn't they?

Eagles are a draw because of the market and the fanbase which grew extensively due to the Andy Reid years. Besides that, they play like a decent Titan or Raven team, and would never be featured as much otherwise. The QB is not exactly Mike Vick out there, and he doesn't put Godly numbers you'd expect from a prototypical MVP candidate. Don't get me wrong, the NFL has largely banked on the Eagles/Cowboys rivalry given what's happened to the other two NFC East teams recently.

I feel the viewership will be down a few percentage points year over year when it's all said and done, and that's because the league went from Rogers to Wilson, and that's taken a lot of juice out of the AFC this year. The NFC only has a handful of teams.

One surprising team could be the Lions. They can rack up a lot of wins here given the schedule. And they may have the marquee game on Thanksgiving if the Packers remain above average. I think Love has shown some potential, but he's not ready for prime time.     

If the Cowboys had (have) a down year because of a Dak injury or something else catastrophic, the ratings would be in the toilet bowl.

Edited by WheatieMan

53 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Saleh looked so mad. Happens when you teach your secondary to mug the ish out of opposing WRs all game and then don’t expect it to get called at the end of the game. 

I vote we just remove the arms off of DBs entirely; it's not fair to the offense.

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Saleh looked so mad. Happens when you teach your secondary to mug the ish out of opposing WRs all game and then don’t expect it to get called at the end of the game. 

Guess you should look happy when your OL is taught to line up improperly, kick your leg out faster than the cadence, and hold jerseys where the refs don't look.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Guess you should look happy when your OL is taught to line up improperly, kick your leg out faster than the cadence, and hold jerseys where the refs don't look.

Lol every team teaches their tackles that ish, I could go find a highlight reel right now for you if you want. 

Isn’t that when you’re supposed to hold? I mean even Bill Belicheck will color coordinate his players gloves so the refs don’t see. Chiefs opponents like to do it while the refs are looking and it makes no sense.