Trade Deadline 2023

Louis Friend

On 10/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, Louis Friend said:

Jerry Jacobs is now injured. We need CB depth badly. 

For sure plus we need pass rush.  Hutch can't do it all by himself.  We are getting zero pressure and I know that is partially by design but if we had a stud lineup opposite Hutch out Defense would take another step.

Here are the names we should be looking at:

Low pick/compensation:

Caleb Farley

Donte Jackson

Kendall Fuller

Kristian  Fulton

Mid to low compensation:

Byron Murphy

Sean Murphy Bunting

Javonte Williams

Day 2 pick Compensation:

Jaylon Johnson

Derick Brown

Chase Young

Premium Picks:

Patrick Surtain

Brian Burns

9 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

NO and HELL NO!

Let me put it this way.  would you trade Gibbs and Jack Campbell for Patrick Surtain?  In other words a part time RB and a LB who looks pretty bad for an All Pro at a premium position.  That's what our past two first round picks got us.  Plus they should be low end picks. 

As for Burns, Jamo sucks.  He just does so we would be trading a late first (26-32) plus a player that gets about 2-6 targets a game and averages about .25 catches a game for a pro bowl premium position player.

I think the Hell no response is reactionary without actually thinking about it.  I think if we get chance to land a player like Surtain you do it.  Burns I'd be a little less likely to give up that much but he would be very impactful for our roster.

40 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

If the broncos were willing to move Surtain for 2 1sts would you do it?  I'm thinking I would. 

Also what if Carolina is willing to move Burns for Jamo and a first do you do it?  I would.

No because he's a free agent and would command a market level contract.

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

If the broncos were willing to move Surtain for 2 1sts would you do it?  I'm thinking I would. 

Also what if Carolina is willing to move Burns for Jamo and a first do you do it?  I would.

I don't see the Lions making a splash trade where they give up a lot of draft capital.  It would be tough to take on the contract extension for a player like Brian Burns.  Jameson Williams is still a pretty raw player.  It is too early to move on from him.