Trade Deadline 2023

Louis Friend

10 hours ago, General Tso said:

You guys know Van Jefferson is awful, right.

I don’t know about awful.

His rookie season was Goff last year there. Year two he was a solid 3/4 WR for the Super Bowl champs putting up 800/6. Last season he lost his starting QB and Rams were ***. This season he’s traded. For a late round swap of picks, he’s worth taking a flier on. Much more so than Trinity Benson.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I don’t know about awful.

His rookie season was Goff last year there. Year two he was a solid 3/4 WR for the Super Bowl champs putting up 800/6. Last season he lost his starting QB and Rams were ***. This season he’s traded. For a late round swap of picks, he’s worth taking a flier on. Much more so than Trinity Benson.

You can read what the Rams fans have to say about him. If he was that good, he wouldn't be traded and for that compensation.

We already have a veteran presence in MJJ. I'd rather give the snaps to Antoine Green and develop him.

10 minutes ago, General Tso said:

You can read what the Rams fans have to say about him. If he was that good, he wouldn't be traded and for that compensation.

We already have a veteran presence in MJJ. I'd rather give the snaps to Antoine Green and develop him.

We traded Slay and Diggs for peanuts. Just because a player is traded doesn’t mean they are trash. 

MJ has literally given us nothing but missed blocks and drops. Green is dealing with a concussion. We could afford to take a low risk gamble on someone. Doesn’t have to be a star. 

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I would rather give Marvin Jones snaps to someone like Van Jefferson, especially if the cost is dropping from the 6th to the 7th in the 25 draft. 

That being said, I don't think it moves the needle on who we are as a team and given the solid play from the rest of our WR's, I don't think a WR is really a need.  We have had a decent number of drops with ARSB, Laporta, Gibbs and Reynolds having two each and Raymond has zero but we aren't replacing those guys with anyone we bring in since all have been good enough to outweigh the drops.  Marvin and Jamo have been the biggest culprits drop % wise but again, Jamo is likely to be developed and get Marvins targets anyways if all are healthy so adding a WR hurts his development if anything.  If Green isn't getting on the field with Marvin being as bad as he has been, that means Green isn't showing it in practice enough to earn reps/targets.  He is a 7th round pick and most of those disappear from the league in a couple years so that is likely his path unless he shows out in practice so I am not overly upset if he doesn't see the field.  

Just now, Louis Friend said:

We traded Slay and Diggs for peanuts. Just because a player is traded doesn’t mean they are trash. 

MJ has literally given us nothing but missed blocks and drops. Green is dealing with a concussion. We could afford to take a low risk gamble on someone. Doesn’t have to be a star. 

You are using the Quinntricia trades as a measuring stick. I think LAR is better at talent evaluation then them. 

Let's see what Jamo does before the trade deadline.

3 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

We gave away Slay and Diggs due to being disgruntled with the coach and GM.  There are situations like that around the league that we may be able to take advantage of with guys being disgruntled and pushing their way out.  At the same time I am not sure DC is the type to want a guy who does that due to the chance he disrupts what he has built in the locker room.  

Desmond Ridder is making steady improvements in his play and having a "security blanket" WR will probably help his confidence. At this point in his career, Van Jefferson is a chain-moving possession receiver.  His route running has always been good but speed has never been his strength.  I suspect they brought him because Kyle Pitts continues to be underwhelming in his role with the Falcons.

Edited by Just Want A Title

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Desmond Ridder is making steady improvements in his play and having a "security blanket" WR will probably help his confidence. At this point in his career, Van Jefferson is a chain-moving possession receiver.  His route running has always been good but speed has never been his strength.  I suspect they brought him because Kyle Pitts continues to be underwhelming in his role with the Falcons.

That is coaching problem imo. Pitts is too good not to have them revamp their offense a bit. He is being wasted 

10 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

That is coaching problem imo. Pitts is too good not to have them revamp their offense a bit. He is being wasted 

Sounds like his route running and effort are the issues, not the system.  Every top pick has physical talent which is why they are drafted where they are, but if they don't have the drive and commitment to detail, it doesn't matter how much natural ability they have.  He still has time to figure it out but, I am not sure his lack of stats is scheme related.