Trade Deadline 2023

Louis Friend

5 hours ago, General Tso said:

You are using the Quinntricia trades as a measuring stick. I think LAR is better at talent evaluation then them. 

Let's see what Jamo does before the trade deadline.

My point is, teams trade players for a number of reasons, a trade alone does not dictate talent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

He is probably cooked, but he has a minimum cap hit.

I suspect the Lions feel pretty good about their EDGE depth.  Romeo Okwara is still a solid player.  Charles Harris hasn't been consistent but is decent and we are getting Josh Pascal back soon.  If they make a trade it will probably be for a CB to improve their depth.

28 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I suspect the Lions feel pretty good about their EDGE depth.  Romeo Okwara is still a solid player.  Charles Harris hasn't been consistent but is decent and we are getting Josh Pascal back soon.  If they make a trade it will probably be for a CB to improve their depth.

How should they feel good?

there is no pass rush outside Hutch. It's the biggest issue this defense has 

None of those players listed would be more than bench fodder on most decent pass rush charts 

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

How should they feel good?

there is no pass rush outside Hutch. It's the biggest issue this defense has 

None of those players listed would be more than bench fodder on most decent pass rush charts 

The Lions tend to change it up a the other edge position.  I think they have a fair amount of confidence in Josh Pascal.  John Cominsky also gives them some solid play at DE.  It wasn't obvious but Romeo Okwara had a solid game against Carolina.

Just now, Just Want A Title said:

The Lions tend to change it up a the other edge position.  I think they have a fair amount of confidence in Josh Pascal.  John Cominsky also gives them some solid play at DE.  It wasn't obvious but Romeo Okwara had a solid game against Carolina.

Look at the numbers. The only one getting pressure is Hutch. The DTs are doing well too.

Nobody else off the edge 2.5 sacks off the edge outside Hutch. Not counting sacks from second level.

Pure edge outside Hutch is pure trash. They need upgrade there and in worst way, 

6 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

Look at the numbers. The only one getting pressure is Hutch. The DTs are doing well too.

Nobody else off the edge 2.5 sacks off the edge outside Hutch. Not counting sacks from second level.

Pure edge outside Hutch is pure trash. They need upgrade there and in worst way, 

As I said, I think the Lions are counting in Josh Pascal to step into that role once he comes back.  One thing to take into consideration:  The Lions were somewhat passive with respect to the pass-rush.  Now that they have changed things up I suspect we will see more from the depth EDGE players.  

17 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

The Lions D-Line is getting pressure.  Their issue is that they stay engaged in their blocks too long.  This is something we have been seeing a lot this year.  If they can do a better job of disengaging with their blockers sooner sacks will start happening in bunches.

10 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Don't forget James Houston coming back, probably after the bye. They'll treat that as a "trade acquisition."

So I agree a CB in some kind is probably what we're looking for.

We also just got Julian Okwara back from injury and although he has never been great, he did have a solid pre-season rushing the passer.  He may get a shot with Houston out.  Not to say he is good, but he has given us about what Frank Clark has the last couple of years.  

15 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We also just got Julian Okwara back from injury and although he has never been great, he did have a solid pre-season rushing the passer.  He may get a shot with Houston out.  Not to say he is good, but he has given us about what Frank Clark has the last couple of years.  

I am not advocating for Frank.  I would want someone more of asset 

30 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Don't forget James Houston coming back, probably after the bye. They'll treat that as a "trade acquisition."

So I agree a CB in some kind is probably what we're looking for.

If they do not look at DE because of Houston coming back that is a fail.   I would be totally shocked and heavily disappointed if they did not add a DE.  It is a more glaring need.  DE pressure helps the secondary too.