GDT Week 5: Eagles(4-0) @ Rams(2-2) - Trip out West... Hopefully not a Trap?

AZ_Eaglesfan

13 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We do play some man so would depend on the snap your watching… and also we do play some “matchup” zone which can look more like man but is still a zone in theory as you will switch off at points. 

This gives an idea of our man to zone splits. He has a glossary on the terminology on his Twitter that goes more into depth on it, but the baseline is ya we run more zone than man. 

Tyvm

46 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sean McVay is 1-3 against Philadelphia. The only loss came on our COVID/Carson Implosion year.

The year I lost like a 50 dollar bet to @El Ramster  :/

That game was week 2 after we blew the early 17-0 lead to the football team in week 1, so I had no idea how that season was about to play out.

Also, was the year I made that embarrassing thread in NFL Gen where I claimed prior to the start of the season that it was ridiculous how underrated we were.

Bad times.

• Like 1

If the Eagles can just figure out their red zone issues they will be just fine.  This is the 4th game in a row they have totaled over 400 yards of offense.  They just have to finish drives and score points.  Desai is seemingly starting to find his way as the DC as well.  Just keep improving and keep winning.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep and only had 6 pressures coming into this game and I doubt he got that many today to boost his total.

Stoutland/Kelce combo is his kryptonite.

Not looking forward to the day when we lose one or godforbid both. 

We all appreciate Kelce don't get me wrong but after he leaves, I think there will be a Brian Dawkins type void where we truly didn't realize just how important Jason was to not only that lockerroom but our overall success. 

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The year I lost like a 50 dollar bet to @El Ramster  :/

That game was week 2 after we blew the early 17-0 lead to the football team in week 1, so I had no idea how that season was about to play out.

Also, was the year I made that embarrassing thread in NFL Gen where I claimed prior to the start of the season that it was ridiculous how underrated we were.

Bad times.

Forgot about that. Crazy times. Ggs you guys Oline was crazy good. We hung in there but the ball control was too much. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Forgot about that. Crazy times. Ggs you guys Oline was crazy good. We hung in there but the ball control was too much. 

Yeah, feels like a long time ago now tbh.

But, y’all have definitely surprised a lot of people this year with your level of play, especially with the level of talent you have on the roster which I don’t think is too great like I’m surprised the defense was top 10 in so many categories coming into this game. Stafford is playing really well so far this year from the pocket when he gets time, but we were able to get some pressure on him in the second half. I’m not sure if you’ll get a wildcard or not, but I’m sure you’ll be in the race. Two of your losses were against the only undefeated teams left so that’s not too shabby. I do have to say though that we are the Aaron Donald stoppers. One of my favorite defensive players ever to watch, but he has 0 sacks in 5 games against us and only 1 TFL. Pretty wild considering I think he’s arguably a top 3/4 defensive player ever like there isn’t many players you can put in the same class as him.

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Over 400 yards in offense and only 23 points is bad. 2-6 in RZ. Awful. But the defense shut the door 2nd half. Desai adjusted, that’s good. We keep winning. That’s all that matters. Don’t love the way they’ve looked but cant complain with the results. 

The red zone offense is concerning, but I’m being patient. I think they have time to make adjustments. As far as the point total goes, I really think they could’ve scored more but they were pretty conservative in the second half. I hate it when they do that but it is what it is.

9 minutes ago, Jays3 said:

The red zone offense is concerning, but I’m being patient. I think they have time to make adjustments. As far as the point total goes, I really think they could’ve scored more but they were pretty conservative in the second half. I hate it when they do that but it is what it is.

On a field qb draw inside the 10 yesterday it looked like the rams were on zone coverage teams aren't turning their backs to Jalen this year. Eagles have to adjust.

15 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What a fun game! Seriously was a blast. Sofi is an incredible stadium. Eagles played great for the most part. Need to be better in the red zone and the Jalen pick hurt, but overall we just dominated up front. Our DL came alive in the second half and it showed. 

Pray for a Niners win now and we are sitting pretty in the East. 

Has anybody said what went wrong on that interception play? It seemed to me like it wasn’t just a bad throw, I think Jalen and AJ weren’t on the right page for whatever reason. I think Jalen anticipated a different route or AJ opening up to the sideline or something.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

On a field qb draw inside the 10 yesterday it looked like the rams were on zone coverage teams aren't turning their backs to Jalen this year. Eagles have to adjust.

I agree. I do think some adjustments are being made but it’s still a process.