Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

NinerNation21

Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Is Brock Purdy Actually Good?

59 minutes ago, adamq said:

Is Brock Purdy an android? That's the question 😂

This epitomizes what I feel is Brock's best attribute.

He stays in the moment and is acutely present in that moment.

He's not dwelling on the past or looking towards the future.

He's locked-in on the task at hand.

He's too focused on maximizing himself to worry about what his circumstance are or how he got here.

He's here now & his main goal is seizing every moment to ensure that he's better than he was the play before.

He's very even keeled and level-headed about not only himself but his role in the grand scheme of the team dyanmic.

That's a very underappreciated trait to possess as a QB.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

This epitomizes what I feel is Brock's best attribute.

He stays in the moment and is acutely present in that moment.

He's not dwelling on the past or looking towards the future.

He's locked-in on the task at hand.

He's too focused on maximizing himself to worry about what his circumstance are or how he got here.

He's here now & his main goal is seizing every moment to ensure that he's better than he was the play before.

He's very even keeled and level-headed about not only himself but his role in the grand scheme of the team dyanmic.

That's a very underappreciated trait to possess as a QB.

Watch this video the Niners just put out today and go to 5:26 in the video. Purdy is talking things over with Griese and then Gib forced the fumble. The entire sideline is going nuts, except Purdy.

The dude is laser-focused and doesn't even crack a smile. He just grabs his helmet and looks like he's ready to go to war. We weren't going to lose this game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9z7WdPDimo

Edited by NinerNation21
  • Like 2

Random, but all of this Purdy back/forth in the media, I'm so glad Cam Newton was never a franchise QB for the red, and gold. Even during the dark years, and even if he was a talented player. He just comes off as a complete clown. Sometimes the talent just isn't worth the headache (Jeff George). 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

29 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Random, but all of this Purdy back/forth in the media, I'm so glad Cam Newton was never a franchise QB for the red, and gold. Even during the dark years, and even if he was a talented player. He just comes off as a complete clown. Sometimes the talent just isn't worth the headache (Jeff George). 

How was he a headache to the Panthers? 

He's stating his opinion which is perfectly fine. Many agree with him. Like he said, he never said Purdy is a bad QB.

I just don't think the term game manager is being used correctly here. Purdy may not be a one man show like Cam was during his MVP season, but his style of play isn't anywhere close to a game manager.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's stating his opinion which is perfectly fine. Many agree with him. Like he said, he never said Purdy is a bad QB.

I just don't think the term game manager is being used correctly here. Purdy may not be a one man show like Cam was during his MVP season, but his style of play isn't anywhere close to a game manager.  

Yeah, if anything, Brock needs to tone down the aggression and playmaking a touch to take check-downs every once in a while and avoid negative/sketchy plays. Getting 9.6 ypa while being a game manager is pretty much impossible lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, if anything, Brock needs to tone down the aggression and playmaking a touch to take check-downs every once in a while and avoid negative/sketchy plays. Getting 9.6 ypa while being a game manager is pretty much impossible lol.

Yeah, I mean you can have a high YPA like Jimmy did while having low air yards but Brock is top 10 in ADOT so that argument doesn't work here lol. 

Purdy is very aggressive with a less than elite arm. That's going to get him in trouble at times but you see elite arm QBs like Favre and Allen have a lot of turnovers themselves. Just their playing style.

I don't want Purdy to play more conservative but just a tad bit smarter on when to take the checkdowns. But if you notice, he's doing just that lately, especially in crunch time. The game is slowing down and the only time he gets himself in trouble is when he is trying to force a big play that is just not there. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

“It's funny to hear a female talk about routes.”

Yes Cam had the clown nose on as a Panther.

And yes he can have his opinion on Purdy. No one is saying he can't. Once he starts moving the goalposts, or throwing up a passive aggressive tweet during the time Brock is finally having a bad game, but is silent every other time Brock is having a good game that's when he's going beyond being logical, and civil about it. Which is what's easy to point out. At least Amy Trask can admit she was wrong with her initial remarks. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

21 hours ago, Forge said:

Purdy rolling into that SB parade in a 2024 Toyota Sequoia. 

Toyota is the Official Automotive Partner of the NFL. We’re looking forward to making game-winning plays together, both on and off the field."

Yep, We can't lose now 🤣

3 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

“It's funny to hear a female talk about routes.”

Yes Cam had the clown nose on as a Panther.

And yes he can have his opinion on Purdy. Once he starts moving the goalposts, or throwing up a passive aggressive tweet during the time Brock is finally having a bad game, but is silent every other time Brock is having a good game that's when he's going beyond being logical, and civil about it.

Cam was definitely wrong with his response to Jourdan Rodrigue. No defending that, but I'm failing to realize how he was a headache in Carolina. 

Of course he is moving the goalposts but he is just not backing down from his opinion. Not the fast nor the last to do that...You have folks saying they wanted to see Purdy come back and win the game late and then he does that and that still is not good enough. Has a 3 score comeback against Detroit and that still isn't good enough. That's just the way it is going to go with him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Cam was definitely wrong with his response to Jourdan Rodrigue. No defending that, but I'm failing to realize how he was a headache in Carolina. 

Of course he is moving the goalposts but he is just not backing down from his opinion. Not the fast nor the last to do that...You have folks saying they wanted to see Purdy come back and win the game late and then he does that and that still is not good enough. Has a 3 score comeback against Detroit and that still isn't good enough. That's just the way it is going to go with him. 

He's just said stupid **** over the years, and seemed like a diva too much at times. I was talking about my perspective if he was the franchise QB on the team I support. I'm used to the more professional behavior from the perceived captain of the squad that Joe, Steve, Jimmy, and Brock have displayed as a public figure. That may not matter for you, but I was speaking for me, so I'm not sure why you're grouping Carolina as a whole as if whatever they felt I should feel the same way??? That's a random irrelevancy. 

If he's moving the goalposts then that really isn't the same as backing down from a perspective. That's just being stubborn, and refusing to give any ground in fear of being wrong. And why is that type of opinion worth taking seriously when it displays such an obvious fallacy in it's logic that it instantly crumbles??? 

Honestly this soft stance of "he's just sharing his opinion" is pretty surprising coming from you mate considering how many times you've brought the hammer down on Lombardi for doing the same thing on anything he says where he's just speaking his mind too. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1