Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

Just now, big_palooka said:

Fire the DC. Never mind the fact they haven't any talent at DT in 15 years. 

What do want Graham to do? Guys can't win against blockers.

Whos fault is that? We opted to draft a DE with a broken foot to address the defense over a player like Bryan Breese 

This is exactly why you don't get rid of mid tier QB for "whatever the hell we find this off-season".  There are maybe 15 ish ppl in the world better at what Carr does than Carr, and we figured we could replace that no problem. We suck now. Totty's right, shades of 06-08. And who knows how long we'll be here for. There's no guarantee we'll even be mediocre again in the next 2-4 years, maybe it takes 6 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, NickButera said:

This is exactly why you don't get rid of mid tier QB for "whatever the hell we find this off-season".  We suck now. Totty's right, shades of 06-08. And who knows how long we'll be here for. There's no guarantee we'll even be mediocre again in the next 2-4 years, maybe it takes 6 years. 

Counterpoint. This is why you do. So you can be in a spot to actually draft a non-mid QB. Carr just kept you out of reach and you still won nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

This is exactly why you don't get rid of mid tier QB for "whatever the hell we find this off-season".  We suck now. Totty's right, shades of 06-08. And who knows how long we'll be here for. There's no guarantee we'll even be mediocre again in the next 2-4 years, maybe it takes 6 years. 

because a lot thought Jimmy was a big upgrade. 

they now are flipping saying they didnt and just wanted to tank

• Like 1

I am not trying to say it was not a penalty because that is how the rule is written but I thought there was a second part to the rule of not dragging down a player from behind.  The spirit of the rule is to protect the player from the defender coming down the back of their legs while having the hands in the neck of the jersey.  That was not dangerous nor was it what the rule was trying to stop.  I am done with my rant.