Week 5 GDT: [MNF] McRaiders v Packers - The one where we need to smarten up

big_palooka

How hot is that seat getting?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How do we feel about the McRaiders this week?

• Raiders rally, get a much needed win at "home"
    • Raiders come in unprepared and it's another nail in the coffin?
    • Just tank baby?

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

You're right! Let's turn it around with Jimmy Garoppolo he's got 12 years of experience on whoever we draft. He's definitely proved himself as a winner. We'll also stop people consistently from now on as the defense has finally turned the corner. 

Take the time off till April, plenty of mock drafts to fill your time till then. Just WIN baby. Y'all forgot that

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Y'all are lame as F. Get a big win and the defense is making major strides and you want an unknown 20 year old to turn it around. Take a few months off if you don't want wins, nobody needs fans who hope we lose in F'ing October

I could care less about wins. I care about hope. Trajectory. The future of the franchise towards greatness. Nothing about this "win" shows me were heading to greatness. Jimmy and McDaniels looked inept and out of their league. We look like bumbling stumbling franchise right now with no direction the next 1-3 years.

When all you care about is wins, you let go of great HCs when they need time or you keep mediocre HCs when they show no sign of taking you to the top. There's more to this league than wins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Oddly this is when the defense would collapse game after game last year and they pulled through today. Just the offense is really underperforming 

Right. I’ve seen the Raiders lose these types of games for nearly 20 years. Refreshing watching a defense closing s game out 

7 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Y'all are lame as F. Get a big win and the defense is making major strides and you want an unknown 20 year old to turn it around. Take a few months off if you don't want wins, nobody needs fans who hope we lose in F'ing October

Right. When that 20 year old looks like Darnold , Lance or Wilson they’ll calm down 

Big win for the squad!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I could care less about wins. I care about hope. Trajectory. The future of the franchise towards greatness. Nothing about this "win" shows me were heading to greatness. Jimmy and McDaniels looked inept and out of their league. We look like bumbling stumbling franchise right now with no direction the next 1-3 years.

A win doesn't change HC or QB for next year. We were never getting Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. You think Panthers are getting 2 wins? Cardinals have 2 top 10. Short sighted as hell. Look at Bryce Young. Y'all would sht bricks every game 

Edited by justwinbaby81
  • Like 1

Just now, justwinbaby81 said:

A win doesn't change HC or QB for next year. We were never getting Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. You think Panthers are getting 2 wins? Cardinals have 2 top 10. Short sighted as hell. Look at Bryce Young. Y'all would sht bricks every game 

I truly believe we win more games with AOC then with Jimmy. 
if we lost today, maybe AOC starts and we are able to score 20+, and win more. especially with an easy stretch coming up. I think AOC wouldve won today, by more. 

1 game against an NFC appointment wont mean much come tiebreakers. 1-3 in AFC hurts us in tie breakers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ve never seen “fans” mad about a win. People spent years wishing he had a better than bottom barrel defense and we are making strides. And most people don’t care?!

i love that our D is improving, they still need to be tested, but they are improving. 
our D had some good games last year too against bad Os. 

But I dont think they are close to being good enough to get us wins when we score 17 points constantly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ve never seen “fans” mad about a win. People spent years wishing he had a better than bottom barrel defense and we are making strides. And most people don’t care?!

I'm not mad about a win. But I'm not happy either. You know what makes me happy? Rings. Superbowl wins. And nothing about this win gets us closer to that or shows me were going that way. So to me it's just 'meh". This team, QB, staff, has shown who they are and we aren't making a run until they're gone. So, good, I guess, get a win, get a loss, but until we start building towards a playoff team I'll be meh about every win or loss. 

• Like 2

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

I don't agree with you often but same. It's 5 games in and there's 7 other teams with a worse record. We don't know what will happen.

I'd like a top QB too but this team isn't worse right now than DEN, CHI or CAR ... and CHI will probably have the top 2 picks anyway. You can't spend the whole season wishcasting and hyping yourself into the QB you want only for the draft to be a crapshoot. If it happens it happens 

• Like 1