NY. JETS @ DENVER

jetfuel34

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Takeaways from today:

Positives:

- Breece Hall was excellent. He needs to get this type of work load going forward.

- The OL isn't great but the guys we have can run block good enough to make that our main identity.

- Zach was solid, but the was bad in the red zone. Overall he did his job.

- We had a better pass rush today.

Negatives:

- This is nowhere near the great team we thought it would be on either side of the ball.

- Our defense is above average to good, but far from great and I mean FAR.

- We have a major weakness at WR. Garrett Wilson is great but hes struggled to get open for extended periods this year and nobody else compliments him. Lazard is not a good option at the number 2. Its a below average group with one special player.

- the coaching staff will hold this team back even if we had rodgers. This team needs major upgrades all over to be super bowl contenders next year and we are kidding ourselves otherwise. 

It was nice to stick it to Denver and their ****** of a coach but we struggled to be a very bad opponent today. We are still an average team that would be 10-7 at best with Rodgers. With Zach maybe 8-9 if everything goes our way but likely 6-7 wins. This staff needs a massive dose of reality. They have not been good. 

A lot of our negatives would not exist with AR at QB. GW is so good, he's basically all you need, and AR would have had him producing vintage Adams numbers. Plus, having a better offense means longer drives and bigger leads - two things that would help our pass rushers out.

14 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Quincy Williams has turned into a elite LB this season, if he is not all pro IDK. He has been insane to start this season.

Bryce Hall played a solid game, I was worried. 

I didn't like the redzone play calling. I felt like they should have tried a play action or something. They left TDs on the field. 

I agree with everything you said. The backup O line guys did a good job.  the only bad things where we lost to many points because of bad clock Managment

When I saw Jets' scored number I immediately thought Wilson propelled the offense big time.   Then I looked at boxscore, pfffttt. lol

Anyway, It is good to see Breece Hall completed the game strong.  Now, it is time for consistency of explosiveness and run blocking to finish off the season.  No excuse as it is Hackett's forte.

Zach Wilson had done exactly what a good back up qb would do in place of an elite qb.   Still, no TD?  ugh!

As for defense, without DJ Reed, Jets managed to keep Russ Wilson under 200 passing yard.  Nice job! 

As pathetic as it sound, Jets used Payton's poor choice of words to influence them to win the game against Broncos.  How about to be Eagles' first loss of the season to Jets as another motivation?

AVT should stay at guard when he comes back. Need to have depth at OT so he isn’t forced to a less familiar position on the line (at least professionally). Unfortunate for him for sure. Just gotta keep developing OL. Every year our guys go down. Makes what DBrick and Mangold did for us for a decade even more impressive. 

14 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

AVT should stay at guard when he comes back. Need to have depth at OT so he isn’t forced to a less familiar position on the line (at least professionally). Unfortunate for him for sure. Just gotta keep developing OL. Every year our guys go down. Makes what DBrick and Mangold did for us for a decade even more impressive. 

I prefer him staying inside. Becton has been always LT but he was knocked out twice at that position.  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Why are they playing at Denver back to back years anyway?

Last year was due to where we finished in standings, we were at the 4th place AFC West team. This year was because we played the entire AFC West and last time we played the AFC West they came here. 

• Like 1