GM & HC Candidates

offbyone

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How did he fail in the NFL? Weren’t the 49ers one of the best teams in the league when he left? Hey, what the hell is wrong with khakis lol

He’s supposed to be an offensive minded coach but his offenses are bland, both in college and the pros.

Can’t we for once try the young hot 40-year-old star offensive coordinator?

It’s literally the only thing we haven’t tried in the last 30 years as we search for the next Joe Gibbs like coach. Heck, that was Gibbs in 1980! A young offensive and creative mind! Let’s do that again!

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

we had 3 of those right .. let em walk out the door !

Well 4 if we’re counting Mike McDaniels in Miami but, that was so different. None of them became HCs for another 4 to 7 years after Mike Shanahan was fired. 

They weren’t ready to be HCs in 2014. 

Edited by turtle28

40 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Gimme someone brand new. Kyle Smith is not on my list. 

I’m fine with either. Kyle was hamstrung by Bruce who was Dan’s puppet. If Kyle & Jay had been able to just run the football side of things with no interference from Dan & Bruce we would’ve had a better team from 2017-2019 or, we would’ve gotten a better QB prospect in 2018 or 19.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Gimme someone brand new. Kyle Smith is not on my list. 

As much as I would love Kyle to be the GM, I'm actually okay with your approach (i.e. - no one who has ANY of the stink of Snyder should be here...at least right now until they wash away those sins for a few years elsewhere)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s qualified and familiar with some of the players.  While I’d push hard after others, I think he stands as good a chance of any at succeeding at this job……which is what we want.  

Maybe. I'm in the minority, but I haven't been overly impressed with his time with the Falcons so far either. It's like a continued trend of hitting on 1sts (even if they are misused but that's coaching), but not much deeper. 

Look, am I going to kick and scream if it's him, no (at least... I don't think I will), but I would much prefer a complete clearance of anything and everything Snyder touched from a personnel standpoint. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. I'm in the minority, but I haven't been overly impressed with his time with the Falcons so far either. It's like a continued trend of hitting on 1sts (even if they are misused but that's coaching), but not much deeper. 

Look, am I going to kick and scream if it's him, no (at least... I don't think I will), but I would much prefer a complete clearance of anything and everything Snyder touched from a personnel standpoint. 

We’re on the same page here. We’ve both pointed out that outside of 1st round picks you could argue that Rivera/the Marty’s have been better than Kyle & Gruden were most years in drafting and FA signings were a push. 

I have no problem if it’s Kyle, but I am worried it’d be much of the same that we’ve gotten the last 9 years which is mediocrity unless Sam Howell turns out to be a top 10 ish QB by next year or two years from now and for that, we would’ve had to given some credit to Ron/the Marty’s for drafting Sam.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Is he making the picks in Atlanta? 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We’re on the same page here. We’ve both pointed out that outside of 1st round picks you could argue that Rivera/the Marty’s have been better than Kyle & Gruden were most years in drafting and FA signings were a push. 

I have no problem if it’s Kyle, but I am worried it’s be much of the same that we’ve gotten the last 9 years which is mediocrity unless Sam Howell turns out to be a top 10 ish QB by next year or two years from now and for that, we would’ve had to given some credit to Ron/the Marty’s for drafting Sam.

I’m not sure what Smith was supposed to do here? He wanted Brian Burns, they took Haskins. Then they had to trade back up to get Sweat because Snyder made the Haskins pick. It wasn’t exactly a normal operation but from everyone who works in the media here and Cooley the dude is brilliant. 

And if we’re to believe 2020 was his draft, 6 of the players he picked are still on the roster. 4 of them (Young, Gibson, Curl, Charles) are all either starters or key contributors and the other two are James Smith Williams and Hudson. So a key rotational DL and one of our top special teams guys. That’s not that bad. 

• Like 2