Colts extend RB Jonathan Taylor

notthatbluestuff

55 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Taylor stood up for what he wanted and got  it.  More RB's need to do this or would it only possibly work with some of the elite RB's?

I doubt it. I don't think him and his &^%$^% agent would not have accepted this precamp. 

10 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I doubt it. I don't think him and his &^%$^% agent would not have accepted this precamp. 

Guess we'll never know since your Owner took the complete and utter opposite approach?

Funny how Irsay's tune and attitude has changed from his first "statement" to the media and this last one. 🤔 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Guess we'll never know since your Owner took the complete and utter opposite approach?

Funny how Irsay's tune and attitude has changed from his first "statement" to the media and this last one. 🤔 

I love how Jim handled this. I have zero respect for JT's agent. In the end, JT basically signed for the same as 2 franchise tags, which is likely exactly what he was going to get anyway. 

1 hour ago, Leoric said:

The AAV of RB’s is still laughably low. CMAC makes less per season than oft injured good #2 WR Mike Williams. Less guaranteed, less max value, less years in the bank. I’m glad Taylor got some value but it’s nowhere near what his production should have given him. 

I personally believe RB contracts should be comparable to TEs. I never understood why so many TEs are getting these nice contracts while RBs are being shortchanged. Like Cole Kmet gets a $50 million with $32 million guaranteed extension no problem, while JT and Saquon pretty much had to beg and plea for a longterm extension.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warhorse said:

I love how Jim handled this. I have zero respect for JT's agent. In the end, JT basically signed for the same as 2 franchise tags, which is likely exactly what he was going to get anyway. 

Why you as a sports fan would give a flying **** about Jim Irsay's money over the teams best player and most entertaining to watch getting paid is beyond me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I personally believe RB contracts should be comparable to TEs. I never understood why so many TEs are getting these nice contracts while RBs are being shortchanged. Like Cole Kmet gets a $50 million with $32 million guaranteed extension no problem, while JT and Saquon pretty much had to beg and plea for a longterm extension.

I can't remember who, but someone proposed an idea running backs / receivers be filed under the same skill position tag kind of like guards/ centers / tackles. 

Would make teams less likely to tag running backs, allow good ones the opportunity to hit the market and maybe reset it more frequently

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I can't remember who, but someone proposed an idea running backs / receivers be filed under the same skill position tag kind of like guards/ centers / tackles. 

Would make teams less likely to tag running backs, allow good ones the opportunity to hit the market and maybe reset it more frequently

Awesome idea but Owners will never approve that and the NFLPA won't fight hard enough for one specific group of players if it adversely effects the majority.

RB will continue to be used and discarded like yesterday's trash. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Why you as a sports fan would give a flying **** about Jim Irsay's money over the teams best player and most entertaining to watch getting paid is beyond me.

I dont know you, but I grew up in the era that teams were what you followed, not players. Marketing and fantasy games have guided fans towards individual players, rather than teams. The NBA has ruined itself IMO.

I don't give a flying **** about JT if his screws with my team. I repeat, I love how Jim handled this, and I have zero respect for JT's agent. 

• Like 2