John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

49 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Btw for real I’m not sure he was so much dogging the players as he was taking a shot at sashi for being a nerd and having a nerd system. I still swear a lot of people never liked him for that very reason. 

Yeah. As I posted on twitter when a certain national idiot tweeted that Dorsey's sentiment is common opinion around the league... How shocking. A bunch of guys whose jobs depend on maintaining the status quo think that an attempt at breaking the status quo was an unmitigated failure (despite any evidence otherwise) and that it is evidence that they should all remain in power forever.

Asking a bunch of dudes with a stranglehold on a profession to evaluate newcomers with new ideas into that same field is ridiculous. It's like asking Stan Van Gundy if a team's poor performance is in part the coach's fault (spoiler: it literally NEVER is if it's someone he knows).

3 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Didn't draft real football players. What a disaster of a press conference from the standpoint both of organizational leadership and talent evaluation.

No need -- wrongly, at that -- to dis Sashi and the players currently on the roster.

Sounds like he has drunk the Cue-laid.

Getting very concerned that this guy is going to crap the bed with our cap space and draft assets.

Dorsey about lost me already today. I don’t know what’s worse, the way everyone was thrown under the bus or the blind faith in Hue Jackson. I don’t know how that man does it. He is the best salesman in the NFL. He’s able to sell it all behind the scenes then get in front of a camera and pretend to be totally out of the loop. He’s a human epidemic. 

12 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

Sashi was all class.

Hue got his counterpart now. So hard to root for this team right now.

Haslam, Dorsey and Hue. Dumb, dumber and even dumber.

I have a hard time not having Haslam as the pinnacle on the dumb meter, but there may not be a wrong answer to the order here. 

29 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I have a hard time not having Haslam as the pinnacle on the dumb meter, but there may not be a wrong answer to the order here. 

Whoever is up against Haslam, Jimmy will always be Dumber. I'll give Dorsey a chance to prove his merit by the job he does rather than by what he says in a presser. No doubt Sashi set him up with a dream draft scenario. Time to step up and nail it.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well that's what happens when idiots open their mouths, they say things that are easily misinterpreted and have to walk the statement back.

The fact that a guy with 4 years of previous experience can't avoid stepping in it in a press conference before a single difficult question is asked isn't promising.

So you're saying he is off to a good start or no? I'm having trouble interpreting what you are trying to say.

I don’t see anything wrong with what Dorsey said. Hell even Crow agreed, he said “ I don’t feel like he said anything wrong. I feel like he said the truth”

Yeah the browns got some talented players on this team but the rest of them are easily replaceable and might not even be in the league in a couple years. 

I think some people are getting too worked up about it. 

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with what Dorsey said. Hell even Crow agreed, he said “ I don’t feel like he said anything wrong. I feel like he said the truth”

What was he supposed to say?  "Nah man, the new guy in charge is an idiot."  He can't say that.  I can, so I will.

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah the browns got some talented players on this team but the rest of them are easily replaceable and might not even be in the league in a couple years. 

Go take a look at his drafts with the Chiefs and tell me this exact statement doesn't apply to those.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think some people are getting too worked up about it. 

I'm glad Crow isn't as big of a snowflake as some of the people on this board. Next time maybe Dorsey should issue a trigger warning before speaking the truth about a regime that presided over the most pathetic losing streak in Browns history. If the guys in the locker room have their psyche damaged by the boss' mere words that things simply aren't good enough around here, I don;t want them on the team anyway.

7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah. As I posted on twitter when a certain national idiot tweeted that Dorsey's sentiment is common opinion around the league... How shocking. A bunch of guys whose jobs depend on maintaining the status quo think that an attempt at breaking the status quo was an unmitigated failure (despite any evidence otherwise) and that it is evidence that they should all remain in power forever.

Asking a bunch of dudes with a stranglehold on a profession to evaluate newcomers with new ideas into that same field is ridiculous. It's like asking Stan Van Gundy if a team's poor performance is in part the coach's fault (spoiler: it literally NEVER is if it's someone he knows).

It’s honestly weird.  I run a business and if I find something that can help me run it more efficiently I’m game. 

Speaking of which, I really hate this version of the Browns. I have a huge project to bid and these yahoos keep breaking all this news and I can’t get squat done. 

12 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm glad Crow isn't as big of a snowflake as some of the people on this board. Next time maybe Dorsey should issue a trigger warning before speaking the truth about a regime that presided over the most pathetic losing streak in Browns history. If the guys in the locker room have their psyche damaged by the boss' mere words that things simply aren't good enough around here, I don;t want them on the team anyway.

Come on man what he said was stupid. He threw 85% of the organization under the bus. Again as I stated earlier if he changes this thing around I really do not care. But do you realize there are rumors out there that because of what he said we’re looking at another tear down to the studs? AGAIN?  Sometimes it’s a good thing to talk less and let your accomplishments speak for themselves. 

And im not a snowflake. I rather think of myself as steel wool. Rather abrasive, but hot dang if I don’t keep mice out of certain areas of your house. 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What was he supposed to say?  "Nah man, the new guy in charge is an idiot."  He can't say that.  I can, so I will.

Go take a look at his drafts with the Chiefs and tell me this exact statement doesn't apply to those.

Lets look at the drafts through the eyes if the AV.

Year -- accumulated career approximate value -- number of players drafted -- avg career approximate value per drafted player

KC

'13 - total of 73 (8 players) avg 9

'14 - total of 51 (6 players) avg 9

'15 - total of 70 (9 players) avg 8

'16 - total of 23 (9 players) avg 3

CLE

'13 - total of 20 (5 players) avg 4

'14 - total of 49 (6 players) avg 8

'15 - total of 44 (12 players) avg 4

'16 - total of 25 (14 players) avg 2

NE 

'13 - total of 65 (7 players) avg 9

'14 - total of 45 (9 players) avg 5

'15 - total of 51 (11 players) avg 5

'16 - total of 24 (9 players) avg 3

SEA

'13 - total of 48 (11 players) avg 4

'14 - total of 37 (9 players) avg 4

'15 - total of 31 (8 players) avg 4

'16 - total of 10 (10 players) avg 1

Ok he is a break down of the players KC has drafted from '13 to '16, its compared to the Browns, the Pats, and Seattle. I used the pats because they are one of the best franchise in the league and I used seattle because there GM is considered one of the best for what he has done with Seattle since he took over. I used the pro football reference for my source. I went through the drafts for each team and added up the career approximate value and avg  it out to per player because a larger draft class might have a higher numbers in a total.

KC drafting has been a lot better than what we are giving them credit for. The players they have drafted over that time has been making a lot more of an impact than the rookies from the other teams. KC has hit on a lot of players that turned into being complete studs compared to the other teams who got some good players but were not as good. Not all the players used are still on the team but its about finding players who can play in the NFL. Stats show KC has been a lot better at finding players who bring value to the team. A lot of the Browns players havent been bring value to the team.

So when Dorsey says there arent many real football players on the team, he seems to be right. Glad he isnt going to coddle the players and the roster. Everyone is having a job interview. The top guys shouldnt have anything to worry about but its good to not let them get comfortable.

14 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Come on man what he said was stupid. He threw 85% of the organization under the bus. Again as I stated earlier if he changes this thing around I really do not care. But do you realize there are rumors out there that because of what he said we’re looking at another tear down to the studs? AGAIN?  Sometimes it’s a good thing to talk less and let your accomplishments speak for themselves. 

And im not a snowflake. I rather think of myself as steel wool. Rather abrasive, but hot dang if I don’t keep mice out of certain areas of your house. 

Hell my only issue is that he only threw 85% of the organization under the bus. 100% of the organization deserves to be thrown under the bus. Heck they deserve to be thrown under the bus and then have it placed in reserved

Heck if he blows it up, it might not take as long because Sashi did a majority of the work. His rebuild might not be as crazy as Sashi's plan.

Archived