John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

35 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Okay where on defense do you want him to play?  FS 12 yards off the ball?  You think he'd be good there?

Where are you getting this idea Peppers has been bad?  He's rarely even lined up on the tv screen. Just watching the games I have no clue what he's doing back there.  I think any safety is better playing closer than 25 yards from the LOS, don't you?  As far as Kindred being a better box safety, why? What makes you so sure of that?

26 minutes ago, Browns1987 said:

No, because Farmer built the oldest and most expensive defense that was not even top 20 in the league.

And because he drafted Johnny, Gilbert and Erving.

And those teams still have more wins than we have seen over the last 2 seasons.  Blame it ALL on Hue.  I am a bit more realistic.  The talent level on this team isn't quite what everyone on here thinks it is.  If it was as good as everyone thinks, we would have won some games in spite of Hue Jackson. 

Our coaching this year. not true data.

Great 2%
Good 25%
average 40%
bad 25%
terrible 8%

If we had better coaching this year we have at least two wins so far, We have never had a game where I have thought "great job Cueball' Just one game where I didn't doubt him would be nice. But now I will always think of him as back stabbing swine anyway. 

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

When your plan is still stuck in demo or laying of foundaion mode your not building anything. Hey the blue print to winning looks nice just like the blue prints to the house I am building looks nice. 

Collins, Garrett, Ogbah, Njoku, and others look nice on the blue print PAPER but when the wins start coming then I’ll conside demo over and they are starting to build. 

We can look at all those players and envision what the house is going to look but until we are waiting.

sashi might of put up some frame work but that doesn’t really do much. Just gave a little hope. I want to see Dorsey frame the outside, board the walls, and put the roof up! 

Sashi bought the supplies to build the house, Hue is trying to construct the house. Maybe the parts aren't the greatest but Hue hasn't figured out how to use the excavator yet. We're still just just looking at the parts which most look like they will work but our project manager has just been talking a good game for two years and got the guy who wrote the blueprints fired even though Hue was looking at them upside down and it is probably why he couldn't real them.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Where are you getting this idea Peppers has been bad?  He's rarely even lined up on the tv screen. Just watching the games I have no clue what he's doing back there.  I think any safety is better playing closer than 25 yards from the LOS, don't you?  As far as Kindred being a better box safety, why? What makes you so sure of that?

Watching the games it's pretty obvious to me.  Statistically it's because Jabrill has 2 pass breakups and 0 interceptions in 12 games.  Kindred leads DBs in the NFL with 10 tackles for loss.  I feel like the impetus should be on you to provide reasons why we should think Peppers is good and how we could use him on this team.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Im pretty sure hes reading War and Peace. Not much else to do 25 yards back.

6 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I feel like this is the best time to capitalize on our resources, trade up some instead of down in the draft, spend some money, and attempt to field a good team. 

I think we should use our picks to go up to get higher caliber talent AND down to get picks for next year.

If memory serves it was James Collins in Good to Great who extolled the genius of the "AND" in making decisions.

39 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Is there something more at play here that we aren’t privy to. Our GM, HC and DC have all thrown the roster under the bus.

I have never seen anything like it 

Trying to save there own backsides.

Or they think in their heads they are better than they actually are.

39 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Is there something more at play here that we aren’t privy to. Our GM, HC and DC have all thrown the roster under the bus.

Just NFL lifers positioning themselves to be heroes building on the foundation Sashi laid with the materials he acquired, methinks.

This culture is toxic, which appears to be what Haslam begets.

34 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Watching the games it's pretty obvious to me.  Statistically it's because Jabrill has 2 pass breakups and 0 interceptions in 12 games.  Kindred leads DBs in the NFL with 10 tackles for loss.  I feel like the impetus should be on you to provide reasons why we should think Peppers is good and how we could use him on this team.

He's been better at football his entire life, why should I think that stops now? One was a top high school recruit, national defensive player of the year, linebacker of the year (playing out of position), Heisman finalist, Big 10 defensive player of the year, etc.. as well as universally regarded as a high level/round 1 prospect with upper echelon athleticism.

The other you had to Google when we drafted him 18 months ago and who showed far less than Peppers has this year when he was a rookie.

This coaching staff took arguably the best box player in college in God knows how many years and decides to play him 25 yards from the LOS and your issue is with the guy who took him and the player?

How should we use him?  How about exactly like Michigan did? Youre acting like there isn't a blueprint already....

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This coaching staff took arguably the best box player in college in God knows how many years and decides to play him 25 yards from the LOS and your issue is with the guy who took him and the player?

Didn't Williams gush over the pick?

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

And those teams still have more wins than we have seen over the last 2 seasons.  Blame it ALL on Hue.  I am a bit more realistic.  The talent level on this team isn't quite what everyone on here thinks it is.  If it was as good as everyone thinks, we would have won some games in spite of Hue Jackson. 

I dont blame it all on Hue. He is awful but he does not have a roster to win more than 4 or 5 games, at least not with the QBs we have.

I frankly dont care about 1 win in two years because I look at the big picture. Im willing to throw two or three seasons if it means to turn the page and starting to see a successful plan. 

Im sorry if Im not as desperate as you and Im sorry if I prefer what Sashi did over going 7-9 two years in a row with no building in sight.

To be clear, I prefer to be us now over the Jets, Cardinals, Giants, Miami, etc.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

I obviously don't care about winning. I've been a Browns fan for 30 years.

:/ don't say that your gonna make me feel some type of way .

like rain drops on my eyes.. like.... the wind breathing trough my shoulders ... the acid of love going trough my Soulllll.... don't ever ever say that about you or I'll sware to my grave and to our gods eyes I'll sleep and slumber for your painnnn

Archived