John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If you have been a GM long enough, you will have given out bad contract. I dont think you could pinpoint a successful GM that hasnt given out a contract to a player that didnt deserve it. 

Ive been seeing talk of the contracts hes given to older vets, but folks havent talked about the possibility that his ownership might have influenced those decisions. Lord knows some owners like to resign their name players to sell tickets and avoid negative press

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

So he looks forward to working with Hue?  Failure yet again. Another well paid puppet?  Ugg I guess money speaks volumes. 

I guess why not. I’ve lived through it all I can live through more

Why do people seem so shocked at this fact? Gregg Williams said he came here because of Hue. His former players have praised him. His current players love him...there's a pattern here and it's not the Haslams...

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

unless he truly believes in Hue and that they truly believe that the roster was that bad for Hue.

Could be. Don’t cross him, Hue got Dee. Go get RG3 the earth moves under his feet and we got something. 

Hue jacksons here baby

Just now, Fatgerman said:

Ive been seeing talk of the contracts hes given to older vets, but folks havent talked about the possibility that his ownership might have influenced those decisions. Lord knows some owners like to resign their name players to sell tickets and avoid negative press

Its not like he was signing old FAs from other teams.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

unless he truly believes in Hue and that they truly believe that the roster was that bad for Hue.

I have never seen a new GM not want to bring in his own man, after all, his job depends on how well the HC performs and if he is going to go down, he would want to do it with his own people, not some HC who has gone 1-31 the last 2 seasons.

Of course, the roster was bad for Hue, but that does not make Hue a solid HC and they should be starting over with a new guy. This is a Haslam move and when the owner decides the HC, what kind of organization are we going to get, Ugh????

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Fair point. But this was not something he was pressed about. He came out on his own and said it, unlike the situation with Brock. My main point was that it is unfair to judge Hue with this current roster. I think he deserves a shot with a stronger roster. I'm willing to see how he and Dorsey work together.

I've heard people say it can't get worse...if we had Ben McAdoo in here it would be far worse. Yeah, they've actually won. They also have more talent. The fact that these players have not given up on Hue despite the record, that has to count for something. It may be undervalued, but its A key to success. Not the only one, but a crucial one.

Yeah Hue had a crap roster but people werent holding that aspect against him. Fans and what not wanted to see signs of great coaching or signs of what makes Hue great. He was suppose to be a QB Gure/whisper. Every QB he has worked with has been pretty bad and really showed no improved. Was suppose to be a great offensive mind but yet has ran a fairly vanilla offense and lacked identity, game management and game planning have been pretty awful. Good coaching should of won this team one maybe two games this year.

McAdoo dug his grave when he benched Eli. If you are going to bench the franchise QB, Hall of fame QB,and fan favorite for Geno Smith, you better win. yet they lost. Giants fell apart when their entire group of WRs went down. Heck before CC and JG came back the Browns had a better group of WRs than the Giants because of Injuries. 

players not giving up isnt enough to save Hue's job IMO.    

Just now, Iamcanadian said:

I have never seen a new GM not want to bring in his own man, after all, his job depends on how well the HC performs and if he is going to go down, he would want to do it with his own people, not some HC who has gone 1-31 the last 2 seasons.

Of course, the roster was bad for Hue, but that does not make Hue a solid HC and they should be starting over with a new guy. This is a Haslam move and when the owner decides the HC, what kind of organization are we going to get, Ugh????

Who do you think would be a better HC of the available candidates?

You say the current setup does not make Hue a good HC. There's no certainty that he's a bad one, either. I think the jury is still out on that one, but it's worth the gamble over any lesser HC's we could bring in, IMO

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Why do people seem so shocked at this fact? Gregg Williams said he came here because of Hue. His former players have praised him. His current players love him...there's a pattern here and it's not the Haslams...

Yeah, I can still remember when the San Diego players said they loved Norv Turner as their HC, especially Rivers, their QB and he kept them in last place as long as he coached them, so if it is not Haslam, it is the players who decide who is our HC and you think this organization can turn things around???

4 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

1-27?  His Oakland tenure?

have seen nothing out if hue that gives me confidence. Add to the fact that Haslam kept him?

2 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I was just playing devils advocate

I would hope he wants to hire his own HC. hopefully once the season is over we see him get the axe

6 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I will bet, he did not sign one vet that Andy Reid did not want on his roster. Andy ran the show in KC and Dorsey could not stomach it and left.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Yeah Hue had a crap roster but people werent holding that aspect against him. Fans and what not wanted to see signs of great coaching or signs of what makes Hue great. He was suppose to be a QB Gure/whisper. Every QB he has worked with has been pretty bad and really showed no improved. Was suppose to be a great offensive mind but yet has ran a fairly vanilla offense and lacked identity, game management and game planning have been pretty awful. Good coaching should of won this team one maybe two games this year.

McAdoo dug his grave when he benched Eli. If you are going to bench the franchise QB, Hall of fame QB,and fan favorite for Geno Smith, you better win. yet they lost. Giants fell apart when their entire group of WRs went down. Heck before CC and JG came back the Browns had a better group of WRs than the Giants because of Injuries. 

players not giving up isnt enough to save Hue's job IMO.    

You're absolutely right it's not enough. I think we need to consider how this bad roster has actually affected Hue. Being tops in the NFL in drops for one, the growth/inconsistency of Kizer as well. Defensively, injuries of Garrett, Collins, Ogbah have all taken a clear toll. Penalties have been questionable, the personal foul on Peppers against Cincy essentially took away our last shot of winning that one. Still, they have reduced since the start of the season. This is, after all, the youngest team in the league. Rookie mistakes are always more significant than those of veterans.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hue has been flawless, but I also don't feel that he has had the type of personnel that he can work with most effectively.

I think Dorsey’s playing the smart card here by endorsing Hue. For one I don’t believe this years ahead Coaching candidates are as great as previous years. I think there’s a lot of either retreads that prob wouldn’t touch us with a ten foot pole or young cats that are still unproven and need another year to prove they can make the jump. Let hue play out this year and if he can’t atleast win 6 games fire him. A young team with a Franchise QB and Franchise PR is a lot easier to sell then a team without a QB. Secondly I still believe Hue can be traded back to the bengals. The bengals love him and I honestly believe we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him from the bengals. Now any other team wouldn’t offer us a bag of skittles. Also I noticed Dorsey was hired as GM not VP so that leaves an obvious opening. Possible Manning still could be in the fold here. Lastly every GM has made question moves at one point or another a former 1st overall pick given a extension from the same guy who drafted him isn’t astonishing. Maybe they saw improvement in areas we didn’t. Fisher as talent maybe he just wasn’t utilized the right way and they thought they still could change that. 

Archived