John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

You're absolutely right it's not enough. I think we need to consider how this bad roster has actually affected Hue. Being tops in the NFL in drops for one, the growth/inconsistency of Kizer as well. Defensively, injuries of Garrett, Collins, Ogbah have all taken a clear toll. Penalties have been questionable, the personal foul on Peppers against Cincy essentially took away our last shot of winning that one. Still, they have reduced since the start of the season. This is, after all, the youngest team in the league. Rookie mistakes are always more significant than those of veterans.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hue has been flawless, but I also don't feel that he has had the type of personnel that he can work with most effectively.

again thats coaching, he knows the WR corp prior to CC and JG was crap but yet the Browns threw the ball the 5th most times in the NFL. Browns were starting the youngest QB in the NFL with a young group of WRs, yet they throw the ball the 5th most in the NFL. Browns have a top10 ypc avg in the league but yet they are in the bottom portion in the league in rushing attempts. Hue has been one awful OC IMO. The way he calls game is head scratching at times. We know he has limited talent to work with but thats not an excuse because we were not expecting a top10 offense here. I was expecting to see been schemes, better play calling, and better management of the offense.

35 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

"What's more, he was the architect of a unnecessary teardown and needlessly put the beleaguered fan base through two seasons of gut-wrenching losing."

unnecessary teardown?

needlessly losing?

Mary Kay is and always has been an absolute joke. She is the very epitome of why women should stay out of football. She is clueless. She is a drama queen who likes to stir things up and focus on only negativity. It wouldn't have mattered if the Browns went 14-14 in the lat 28 games that wench would have been more focused on the 14 losses and the failures of those games/players/coaching decisions ect. If she want's such and ugly tramp I'd say she can bend over and bite a pillow too, but I've got standards so I would never tell her to do it.

Woah there friend.

How can you even speculate how she would act if the Browns went 14-14 we haven't even had some semblance of that kind of success?  I though it was a pretty useful summary of what roster Sashi acquired compared to where the roster is at now.  Why couldn't we have dropped some dead weight on the roster to clear up cap room without outright letting almost all our valuable players go?  Do you honestly expect all the young guys we have right now to gel together with the addition of 10+ rookies this next offseason?  Creating a young nucleus is not mutually exclusive to retaining the talent you have.  I'm not sure why Sashi thought otherwise.

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I think Dorsey’s playing the smart card here by endorsing Hue. For one I don’t believe this years ahead Coaching candidates are as great as previous years. I think there’s a lot of either retreads that prob wouldn’t touch us with a ten foot pole or young cats that are still unproven and need another year to prove they can make the jump. Let hue play out this year and if he can’t atleast win 6 games fire him. A young team with a Franchise QB and Franchise PR is a lot easier to sell then a team without a QB. Secondly I still believe Hue can be traded back to the bengals. The bengals love him and I honestly believe we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him from the bengals. Now any other team wouldn’t offer us a bag of skittles. Also I noticed Dorsey was hired as GM not VP so that leaves an obvious opening. Possible Manning still could be in the fold here. Lastly every GM has made question moves at one point or another a former 1st overall pick given a extension from the same guy who drafted him isn’t astonishing. Maybe they saw improvement in areas we didn’t. Fisher as talent maybe he just wasn’t utilized the right way and they thought they still could change that. 

When you hire a new GM, you believe he can assess talent and you hope he can spot a future great HC. Sure, it is not an easy job to do, but if your GM is talented, he will get the job done and hire one of those young cats who he strongly believes in.

Remember, Haslam has a quick trigger finger and fires FO's with a revolving door, so any GM only has a limited life span with our owner and putting one of you possible 2 lives in Hue's hands just does not seem like a smart move and would just indicate to me, that Dorsey hasn't the talent to find the next solid HC.

Also remember, you have to know what kind of players you HC wants on his team, based on the system the new HC uses, otherwise, we will be drafting players for an unknown HC,who may not fit into the new HC's system. That is just plain crazy.

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

how? when did they interview candidates? If they did, they kept a good secret. Is this way mike singletary was in town?

I personally don’t know. But Shefter reported they did. Ongoing for weeks. If you feel they couldn’t get a 30 minute interview in there I don’t know what to say. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I personally don’t know. But Shefter reported they did. Ongoing for weeks. If you feel they couldn’t get a 30 minute interview in there I don’t know what to say. 

I am sure they covered themselves I just wonder if Singletary charges a fee to be interviewed, it would probably be a well paid job?

3 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

I am sure they covered themselves I just wonder if Singletary charges a fee to be interviewed, it would probably be a well paid job?

No singletary was not the token guy. 

I don’t know why this is an issue here. Cleveland has never had an issue hiring minority’s. Like ever. 

2 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

For the posts mentioning that Dorsey is more of a scout than a franchise organizer, I don't think thats a negative. I think that is probably why Depodesta is going to be retained so he can manage the financial aspect of the organization. 

I agree. 

Wasn't expecting an announcement so soon. Dorsey seems like the best possible option we had. He did a good job at acquiring talent while in KC. Hopefully he works out here. I still think Sashi got a raw deal, but I won't complain with Dorsey as GM. Now it'll be interesting to see if Dorsey retains Hue. If I had to guess, I think Hue gets one more season.

19 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

You're absolutely right it's not enough. I think we need to consider how this bad roster has actually affected Hue. Being tops in the NFL in drops for one, the growth/inconsistency of Kizer as well. Defensively, injuries of Garrett, Collins, Ogbah have all taken a clear toll. Penalties have been questionable, the personal foul on Peppers against Cincy essentially took away our last shot of winning that one. Still, they have reduced since the start of the season. This is, after all, the youngest team in the league. Rookie mistakes are always more significant than those of veterans.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Hue has been flawless, but I also don't feel that he has had the type of personnel that he can work with most effectively.

This, we must be charitable to the fact we don't know what any coach would have done in a situation otherwise, Hue should shoulder some blame for the team being heavily penalized, making rookie mistakes, being unorganized, etc.

However the experience we have on our roster almost seems to make that an unavoidable outcome.  We are asking the coaching staff to micromanage the inexperience of basically every player on our roster outside of the OL, RBs, and CBs.  Basically every other positional group has nobody who played significantly in the NFL before.

I think the Demario Davis for Calvin Pryor trade was a misstep.  I think McCown was a misstep.  I think Schwartz was basically unforgivable regardless if Coleman pans out (never needed to draft him), Gipson was a misstep (How much better would we be using the Jabril Peppers pick elsewhere?), Gabriel/Benjamin/Pryor in exchange for Louis/Higgins/C.Coleman is moving backwards, outright cutting Joe Haden to make room for what?  Sashi has just as many holes as he came in with even if you are are incredibly optimistic about the development of our young players.  I think we don't achieve maximum development by voiding the roster of veterans so they get playing time, I think it's possibly the opposite, throwing young guys to the wolves without guidance risks losing their potential.  Guys need to be properly brought along.

Sashi's construction of this roster was too Madden-esque. 

Archived