John Dorsey named GM

hornbybrown

Very surprised we got someone of Dorsey's standing. I would've GREATLY preferred to keep Sashi and Berry and put Dorsey over them, and find a new coach, but whatever.

Best case scenario: Dorsey does really well with the mountain of assets and cap room Sashi accumulated and takes the credit for Sashi doing the dirty work. If that makes us a contender like Sashi planned, then I'm for it.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Very surprised we got someone of Dorsey's standing. I would've GREATLY preferred to keep Sashi and Berry and put Dorsey over them, and find a new coach, but whatever.

Best case scenario: Dorsey does really well with the mountain of assets and cap room Sashi accumulated and takes the credit for Sashi doing the dirty work. If that makes us a contender like Sashi planned, then I'm for it.

Liked

I am glad Sashi is gone, but I will hold my breath a bit longer before jumping on the Dorsey bandwagon. Andy Reid is the brains behind the Chief's successful drafts as he was in Philly, so Dorsey will have to show me that he has the talent for the job, after all, Haslam picked him and that is not a solid recommendation.

Of course, he cannot be any worse than Sashi!!!!

Here's hoping for the best. I'm just not a jump on the bandwagon type of guy till I see results, if he delivers, I will be his strongest supporter, but let's see the meat first.

We will know soon enough, just how much authority he has with the organization if Hue and DePodesta are fired as well, because any solid GM will want his own men in place, so he does not have to watch his back, men who he can count on to be totally loyal to him. I would also expect him to clean house with our scouting department and bring in a scouting department he trusts. If he does not have this kind of authority, it will just be more of the same.

Reading the tea leaves, today has been the plan for weeks. This means that more then likely, Jimmy/Dorsey are already on the same page with Hue. 

This is terrible. I really want to get excited for this change but am being held back by Hue likely staying put. If Jimmy is going to be impatient, be it with a 1-27 HC.

Archived