Week 6: VIKINGS (1-4) at Bears (1-4)

swede700

53 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I love everything about this play. Yes, it's against a weak opponent, but these guys are all out there playing for each other. All of the DL made sure Hicks was going to scoop and immediately went into convoy mode. Hunter kept running all the way to the endzone to finish blocking. I'll bet this is awesome in film review.

He likely would have pushed it out of bounds if he bobbled it again

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

Oliver with another sparkling game wasted by our RBs that can't see.

Ugh. You know, if he hadn't railroaded KAM for that contract, we would have had enough cap space to microchip Mattison with the matrix cognition of Walter Payton and Barry Sanders so he could hit some of those holes. Alas...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

IDK how to clip screenshots and share, but if you pause that video at :03, you can see Mattison with a 1-1 between him and a TD. What a waste of a play. Instead he runs into a tackler that Hock is forced to hold.

It's always the concern I had with Mattison.  His field vision is awful...always has been...was only amplified by that infamous game against Seattle.  I think he's a fine back as part of a duo and mostly okay as an inside the tackles runner, but never should be the primary back or be used on outside zone runs. 

• Like 4