Bills DT DaQuan Jones likely out for season w/ torn pec

TheRealMcCoy

This is what I feared when I heard pec injury during the game. Really disappointing cause DaQuan was playing like one of the better DTs in the league this year.

Two really tough blows to the Buffalo defense with Milano and Jones done for the season. Gotta feel for Bills fans.

Not sure how we over come this and Milano. Love Tre but these two are going to be more challenging to overcome.

Going to need the offense to be lights out and sustain drives in the playoffs. Still think they will be alright getting to the playoffs

Home vs Giants, Bucs, Broncos Jets, and @Cinci, NE for the next 6 games. Gotta go 5-1 and be 8-3 going into the later tough stretch hope to go 3-3 at minimum and finish 11-6.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That's why I put "likely" out for the season, cause I know torn pec depending on when it happened and severity can come back at the end of the season or in the playoffs, but I feel like its usually an injury that keeps guys out for the year. Also, a defensive tackle uses their pec muscles a lot more than say another position like cornerback, so I would figure they really have to be as healed as possible before going back out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

That's why I put "likely" out for the season, cause I know torn pec depending on when it happened and severity can come back at the end of the season or in the playoffs, but I feel like its usually an injury that keeps guys out for the year. Also, a defensive tackle uses their pec muscles a lot more than say another position like cornerback, so I would figure they really have to be as healed as possible before going back out there.

Yeah was just adding more info. I had seen a few national media say it’s the season both players but the Bills haven’t actually said this yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Bold prediction Bills miss the playoffs this season.

Not sure there's enough competence elsewhere in the AFC for this to happen. I don't think they win the division, that's probably Miami, but some bad teams need to keep winning games for Buffalo to miss entirely. Like, the Steelers would need to keep winning ugly games or the Colts would need to stay afloat with Minshew, and/or you'd need a handful of teams like the Browns or Chargers or Bengals to get their **** together. And obviously all these teams will play each other for the most part, so there are some guaranteed losses by the competition that way.

But even with all of the injuries, there are few, if any, clearly better teams in the AFC still right now.

17 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Not sure there's enough competence elsewhere in the AFC for this to happen. I don't think they win the division, that's probably Miami, but some bad teams need to keep winning games for Buffalo to miss entirely. Like, the Steelers would need to keep winning ugly games or the Colts would need to stay afloat with Minshew, and/or you'd need a handful of teams like the Browns or Chargers or Bengals to get their **** together. And obviously all these teams will play each other for the most part, so there are some guaranteed losses by the competition that way.

But even with all of the injuries, there are few, if any, clearly better teams in the AFC still right now.

After looking at the Bills schedule I got a little carried away with that prediction lol. A lot of winnable games.

On 10/9/2023 at 6:43 PM, VigilantZombie said:

Jesus... Bills defense is just getting wrecked. Very unfortunate 

Really just decimated over the last couple weeks.  Going to be really hard not to take a significant step backward for that defense, and team as a whole.

Certainly looks like it'll help clear Miami's path though.

• 2 months later...