We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

Lol. All this win did was move us out of the top five and cement us in the 6-10 range.

If Stafford played, this would have been closer to 27-13 and a loss.

Steelers are going to beat us, and our defense will not look this good against Herbert. Then we get the Lions in Detroit and we’ve been so good against them.

Then the Chiefs.

The Giants game we might win if Jordan Love isn’t playing. I mean Daniel Jones. Same difference.

4 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Lol. All this win did was move us out of the top five and cement us in the 6-10 range.

Steelers are going to beat us, and our defense will not look this good against Herbert. Then we get the Lions in Detroit and we’ve been so good against them.

Then the Chiefs.

The Giants game we might win if Jordan Love isn’t playing. I mean Daniel Jones. Same difference.

the-hangover-who-brought-this-guy-along.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

the-hangover-who-brought-this-guy-along.

I am a realist. Somebody has to keep your and Incog’s unrealistically high expectations in check.

This team sucks, and it’s not sucking in the right direction.

The worst thing to possibly happen to the Packers the rest of this year is to get close to .500

Things have to get as ugly as they actually are to affect change. Without change, this team is a decade from a Super Bowl win.

It’s a top down issue.

2 minutes ago, MacReady said:

I am a realist. Somebody has to keep your and Incog’s unrealistically high expectations in check.

This team sucks, and it’s not sucking in the right direction.

The worst thing to possibly happen to the Packers the rest of this year is to get close to .500

Things have to get as ugly as they actually are to affect change. Without change, this team is a decade from a Super Bowl win.

It’s a top down issue.

Hate to say or not , but he's right . worse thing is to be middle of the pack  never picking high enough to get impact players ,  sure sometimes you can excellent players in the middle of the draft but the odds are better at the top. Stinking will force change . Lefleur is not a good head coach , unfortunately we have to lose to get rid of him !

Just now, mtsportsfan1 said:

Hate to say or not , but he's right . worse thing is to be middle of the pack  never picking high enough to get impact players ,  sure sometimes you can excellent players in the middle of the draft but the odds are better at the top. Stinking will force change . Lefleur is not a good head coach , unfortunately we have to lose to get rid of him !

Since when is top 5 the only place to get impact players? Or even the top 5 rounds. We need to develop the young talent that we have, I don’t know if this is the staff to do that, but winning helps with growth. We’re not going all the way this year, not by a mile, so I understand the tankers but the core that we have and want to keep going forward needs to develop for next seasons, as well. 

24 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Then the Chiefs.

Yup. I’m a little bummed because we’ll be settling for OT3 now 

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

Since when is top 5 the only place to get impact players? Or even the top 5 rounds. We need to develop the young talent that we have, I don’t know if this is the staff to do that, but winning helps with growth. We’re not going all the way this year, not by a mile, so I understand the tankers but the core that we have and want to keep going forward needs to develop for next seasons, as well. 

Never said for sure , just said your odds are better at the top and that goes for all rounds not just the first .

30 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

As we speak Packers now 7th. Rams take over 6th. 

So..pending this afternoon's games, we're slotted somewhere between 7th to 9th (if Raiders and Colts both lose).  I guess not the worst scenario after winning.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

There's a very healthy middle ground here. 

The gist of his post was right.  It's better to be picking top 5 than it is to be picking that 8-12 range, which is where we seem to be right now.  Right now, that bottom tier is pretty clearly Arizona, Carolina, Chicago, New England, and NY Giants.  That next tier above them is LA Rams (with Stafford), us, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Tennessee, and Washington.  Right now, the only saving grace is our SOS is so miserable that we're automatically going to jump ahead of everyone when the W/L balances out with the bye weeks.  Only Atlanta and New Orleans have worst SOS, and they're bound to beat up on each other in the divisional matchups.