We Can Still Crack the Top Ten

MacReady

On 11/24/2023 at 12:31 PM, CWood21 said:

Honestly, if the Packers don't go OL in the first round than I'm not sure there's an obvious position in the draft.

I think it breaks down to the Packers most obvious needs being:

- Another OL
- A safety
- Another person who catches passes
- A long term solution at RB

I just think it's conceivable that the Packers will find themselves at a position where there's like a clear lean on the WR over taking the 6th OT or taking Kinchins at a premium.

32 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

- Another OL
- A safety

I just think it's conceivable that the Packers will find themselves at a position where there's like a clear lean on the WR over taking the 6th OT or taking Kinchins at a premium.

Why do you think pass catcher ? We have 4 young WRs and a TE that have shown flashes. That’s more than enough. If you want to get a stabilizing vet, I can get behind ( but wouldn’t want) but there’s no need for another developmental pass rusher. 

I agree safety is a need, but I really don’t wanna spend high capital if many of them aren’t difference makers. 

Personally, I’m fortifying the O-line. Tackle, guard , whatever . 

40 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

- Another OL
- A safety

I wouldn't mind another IDL high. If Newton from Illinois drops to us in the 1st or Kris Jenkins in the 2nd.

Clark, Wyatt and Newton rotating in the middle with Gary, LVN, P Smith and Kingsley rushing from the edge is a scary pass rush. Keep building a dominant front 7 who will win us games in January. 

38 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do you think pass catcher ? We have 4 young WRs and a TE that have shown flashes. That’s more than enough. If you want to get a stabilizing vet, I can get behind ( but wouldn’t want) but there’s no need for another developmental pass rusher. 

I agree safety is a need, but I really don’t wanna spend high capital if many of them aren’t difference makers. 

Personally, I’m fortifying the O-line. Tackle, guard , whatever . 

If they are sitting in the middle of the first there could be some sweet wide receivers sitting there .. potential #1 types like Coleman, Odunze, or Nabors.  Hard to pass on given the multiple 2's, 3's and 4's the Packers will have to address their needs.  

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they are sitting in the middle of the first there could be some sweet wide receivers sitting there .. potential #1 types like Coleman, Odunze, or Nabors.  Hard to pass on given the multiple 2's, 3's and 4's the Packers will have to address their needs.  

Our WRs of the future are locked in with Watson, Reed and Wicks. All have the potential to be WR1s in the league. Another WR in round 1 is a bit of overkill. Focus on building the trenches. 

34 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Our WRs of the future are locked in with Watson, Reed and Wicks. All have the potential to be WR1s in the league. Another WR in round 1 is a bit of overkill. Focus on building the trenches. 

You guys are pigeonholing yourselves into one position with that 1st round pick, and it's a mistake.  Take the BPA there and if it's Oline, great.  With 5 picks in the top 80 the Packers have the ammo to take a BPA in the 1st and still have enough ammo to get Oline, S, and RB or whatever covered.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

None are can’t miss prospects. Thered be plenty of options. You can only play so many receivers 

The way NFL teams have "unlocked" basically every young promising QB prospect is by adding a top tier receiver after he was always established (Tua and Hill, Hurts and Brown, Burrow and Chase, etc.)  I would not be in the least bit surprised if the Packers try to follow this model.  It looks like this year is going to feature a lot more "GB types" in the upper tier of WR anyway.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

The way NFL teams have "unlocked" basically every young promising QB prospect is by adding a top tier receiver after he was always established (Tua and Hill, Hurts and Brown, Burrow and Chase, etc.)  I would not be in the least bit surprised if the Packers try to follow this model.  It looks like this year is going to feature a lot more "GB types" in the upper tier of WR anyway.

Allen and Diggs is another one. Lawrence and Ridley/Kirk. Fields and Moore (🥴).

I like our WRs now, but we have enough picks that we can afford to add another one and raise the quality of that room even higher.

• Like 1