2023 NFL Trade Deadline Discussion

49ersfan

54 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Barkley 10000% needs to be traded but he won’t. Adams 100000% needs to be traded but he won’t either, same with Henry. It’s crazy to me that in the NFL more so than other sports teams just refuse to make the obvious move 

I don't think these moves are as obvious as you let on. All of these teams that have coaches/GMs that need to start winning games or playing competitive football or their jobs will be on the line.  Daboll probably has some slack there given the playoff berth last year, but we don't know what the plans are for Barkley in the future. They seem to love him there and he seems to love being there.

All 3 are players with huge gravitational pulls. If you trade them it's a big signal to the team that you're moving in a different direction. That happened last year with McCaffrey, but the team was already transitioning at that point. You're likely not getting the return the guys are worth considering either their contract situations or age, so it's an okay gain that equate to a throwing in the towel.

My view is that the culture stuff that sounds like coach speak to most is actually very very real in the NFL (moreso than other sports) and is a major factor to be considered.

Edited by Sandwhich2

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Henry come back on a team friendly extension. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I don't think they trade him, but I think Henry wants to be one of those few guys who plays his whole career in one spot. And considering his game isn't based on speed, but on power, I don't see why he can't get at least 1,000 yards the next couple of seasons. Probably something like 3 years for $35M with a $15M bonus and first year salary at $5M with the next 2 years at $10M each.