Give examples of teams that...

Hunter2_1

...Were good but didn't have many or any superstars, just relied on solid depth throughout? You can't really identify a weak link, but you're also not scared of a Randy Moss or Adrian Peterson for example. Yet, they may have won superbowls or had playoff runs.

So, in Madden terms it would be a team of a lot of mid to late 80s guys I guess.

I'm thinking some of the 90s cowboys teams might qualify? Seemed to have above average to good players in every position.

8 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Depending on how you define superstars I guess, I've always considered 09 Saints to be solid throughout with no real superstars.

Only real superstar on that team at the time was Brees. Dude was an MVP caliber QB from like 08-2017.

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

...Were good but didn't have many or any superstars, just relied on solid depth throughout? You can't really identify a weak link, but you're also not scared of a Randy Moss or Adrian Peterson for example. Yet, they may have won superbowls or had playoff runs.

So, in Madden terms it would be a team of a lot of mid to late 80s guys I guess.

I'm thinking some of the 90s cowboys teams might qualify? Seemed to have above average to good players in every position.

No.  Not even close.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Last two years Lions teams. The Rivers-led Colts during the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Lions is a good example! Let’s see if they can make a playoff run. Solid throughout really. 

Yep, no All Pros yet, but if you're using PFF, just a lot of 65+ performers

• Like 1

I was thinking of the Jets when Sanchez got there. Tomlinson wasn't the same guy he was in SD, they had a lot of good players on defense but they did have Revis. Can I say 2010 Jets specifically since his numbers were down that year, and we just ignore that teams were scared to throw his way? lol