Week 6 GDT: Ravens vs Titans in London

deeluxx3

This might be a bit of a long post but just thinking about the state of the franchise.

First things first, we have to let Levis/Willis start the rest of the way and let the chips fall as they may. It’s obvious that this is the perfect time to make the move to one of the young guys and see what we have.

We’re on pace for a top 10 pick, which is honestly the best thing for us. We’re either in position to select a top QB, get an elite prospect at a premiere position or trade back for more draft capital that we desperately need (and still potentially be in position to get an top, blue chip prospect).

I’m feeling somewhat bleak about the future outlook of the team but one thing I have to constantly remind myself is how quick things can change in this league. You draft well, make a few key free agent signings and coaching hires and you can be right back competing. Draft a franchise QB, and you’re instantly right there. Look at where the Eagles, Dolphins, Lions and Bengals were a few years ago and where they are now. Hell, look at where we were as a franchise a few years ago compared to now. Things can change quickly.

These next few years may be kinda rough but I look at our window to really build something between now and when our new stadium is built (2027).The organization as a whole needs to be realistic with where we are as a franchise and move accordingly. We’re not competing and we look years away from being legit competitors.The goal by the time the new stadium opens, should be to field a legit contender. There’s no reason why we shouldn’t when that’s 3-4 years away. We just need to be realistic about it.

All in all, this year and the next few years will be interesting to say the least. We’ll see if Ran sinks or swims.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Titans Twitter: I want a modern offense

Titans Twitter: we only gave Henry 13 carries? We need to feed him more. Run the ball! 

I don't think that modern offense necessarily means "never run it"

When I think of "modern offense" I think of an offense that can line up in any formation, and conceivably could run any type of play out of any look. A normal drop back pass, option, RPO, play action etc. But the thing about that is . . . we don't have the players for that.

You need an offensive line that can pass and run block competently and consistently. You need receivers who can . . . actually get separation. Make contested catches. Basically anything that our receiver group lacks. 

And most importantly a QB who can read the field and make adjustments at the line. We don't have a QB that can do that (even before last year) and it certainly isn't gonna be Malik. Whether Levis can do it or not, probably won't even know that till next year the way things are trending.

If we don't get one of the top QBs , assuming we're riding with Levis, I think you have to get a receiver or a tackle. Those IMO are our biggest weaknesses on the team. People are riding hard on the defense for not doing the impossible, but I think all things considered we are "okay" there.

Reading all the QB talk and I’ll be honest it’s so blatant we need a QB and to be fair most teams do. The elite ones aren’t easy to come by. However, whatever QB takes the reins the rest of the season WILL struggle because we are such a bad team. I mean one thing I will say is at least Levis looks the part the dude is stacked and he is the only unknown commodity we have at QB and we need to see what we have in him because we are likely going to be in a position to pick our future franchise QB in the draft this season (hopefully). 

I noticed yesterday from being sat 10 yards from the titans bench just how disjointed this team is right now. There seemed to be no energy on the sidelines at all. There was even a 4th down where we were punting where Wesco was sat there on the bench with his helmet off and had to be shouted at to get on the field for the snap, it was ineptness of the highest order yesterday and something I can’t remember seeing in the Vrabel tenure which pains me because I’ve always tried to defend the dude but something has got to change. 

Edited by Titansfan

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Hearing Tannehill might need surgery again on that ankle and headed to IR. 

Damn man. As much a I want to move on from the guy, this hurts. Especially with how he was talking after the game. Dude is a warrior and brought some amazing times for me as a fan. I am thankful for that.

Heal up bud. Whatever is next for you, big ups!

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Sums it up if true. 

The most frustrating thing about Willis is that, as bad as that was, you can still see the ability, if he would just get the mental aspect down.  Like, his stat line was good (he had a QBR, somehow, of 108) because he only had one incompletion (other than those that brought pass interference calls), and those runs were impressive.  He almost broke like five tackles to get the TD.

But at the same time, it's like, my guy, you absolutely, positively, cannot take sacks right now.  Get rid of the damn ball.  And on the almost TD run, you have to know to get out of bounds in this situation.  These are basic things you expect even a pretty raw QB to be able to do, and it's like, if you would just do these things, you could be good.

Watching Willis is like dangling a good, young QB in front of your face, only to have it snatched away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

The most frustrating thing about Willis is that, as bad as that was, you can still see the ability, if he would just get the mental aspect down.  Like, his stat line was good (he had a QBR, somehow, of 108) because he only had one incompletion (other than those that brought pass interference calls), and those runs were impressive.  He almost broke like five tackles to get the TD.

But at the same time, it's like, my guy, you absolutely, positively, cannot take sacks right now.  Get rid of the damn ball.  And on the almost TD run, you have to know to get out of bounds in this situation.  These are basic things you expect even a pretty raw QB to be able to do, and it's like, if you would just do these things, you could be good.

Watching Willis is like dangling a good, young QB in front of your face, only to have it snatched away.

I personally don’t see that. I mean the guy was so reluctant to throw the ball and the stat line only looked good because he refused to pass the ball apart from the first two throws really but nothing at all was even remotely a long completion. He got the majority of yards on the pass to Spears who did all the work himself on an awesome run after the catch. 

Edited by Titansfan

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He doesn't look nearly that good, nor dynamic, to me. He has some pocket escapability, but there's nothing really special about his athleticism otherwise to me at the NFL level. Compare his first step to Justin Fields' ... strictly from a run threat perspective ... Willis is much slower. His passing is also rather terrible.

Guy doesn't belong...maybe he'll stick as a backup...but that's his ceiling and he has a ways to go to even get there IMO.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

I personally don’t see that. I mean the guy was so reluctant to throw the ball and the stat line only looked good because he refused to pass the ball apart from the first two throws really but nothing at all was even remotely a long completion. He got the majority of yards on the pass to Spears who did all the work himself on an awesome run after the catch. 

Yeah, Malik did nothing there. That play was all Spears. Unreal vision and quick cutting on that play by Spears too. Need to get him the ball in open space more often. 

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, Malik did nothing there. That play was all Spears. Unreal vision and quick cutting on that play by Spears too. Need to get him the ball in open space more often. 

Yeah the dude has been one of the few bright sparks this season. Really like him. 

58 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

He doesn't look nearly that good, nor dynamic, to me. He has some pocket escapability, but there's nothing really special about his athleticism otherwise to me at the NFL level. Compare his first step to Justin Fields' ... strictly from a run threat perspective ... Willis is much slower. His passing is also rather terrible.

Guy doesn't belong...maybe he'll stick as a backup...but that's his ceiling and he has a ways to go to even get there IMO.

He looks like a 3rd stringer at best right now to me. 

I mean he took 4 sacks in like 12 dropbacks and could've been sacked like 4 other times if he didn't run. 

He needs to be in a very simple, structured offense where it tells him directly where to look and if not run. 

Him trying to read the defense yesterday was abysmal. Almost comical. 

I don't see a dynamic athlete. I see a good NFL average athlete that you could find in most RBs. Above NFL average arm. 

If they give him a start and game plan, maybe he looks decent. But again it would have to be very straightforward. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He looks like a 3rd stringer at best right now to me. 

I mean he took 4 sacks in like 12 dropbacks and could've been sacked like 4 other times if he didn't run. 

He needs to be in a very simple, structured offense where it tells him directly where to look and if not run. 

Him trying to read the defense yesterday was abysmal. Almost comical. 

I don't see a dynamic athlete. I see a good NFL average athlete that you could find in most RBs. Above NFL average arm. 

If they give him a start and game plan, maybe he looks decent. But again it would have to be very straightforward. 

He's simply not very good. Levis's floor seems to be much higher, ceiling at well (at this point)