Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

You don't catch a ball with your face. 

It's a long season 

Unfortunately for the rest of the league Deshaun will be fine whenever he comes back, but I do think it's unprofessional the way the Browns have handled this situation from a PR standpoint. It's a bad look. Eventually he'll get healthy and we'll move past this. 

They need to switch it from Day to Day to Week to Week and just call him a healthy scratch. You decided to trade Doubbs it is what it is. Deal with your backup QB and get ready for the week. **** happens idk why we're acting so secretive it's just a dubious look. Like we don't know what's going on. It's dumb

This man really snuck this line in here like Deshaun Watson hasn’t been one of the worst QBs in the NFL since stepping on the grass in Cleveland lmao

Yes i’m sure the rest of the league is terrified of Deshaun moving forward 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, DawgX said:

He's not healthy though lol.

But let's not let that get in the way of a good narrative.

He was good to go for the last game, but decided not to play. Then the rest of the team was really annoyed and were wondering what's going on.

7 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

He was good to go for the last game, but decided not to play. Then the rest of the team was really annoyed and were wondering what's going on.

Just because he was "medically cleared" doesn't mean he was able to go. He very well may have planned on playing, but that doesn't mean he was ready to go come game day.

I get it, people hate him and will look for any excuse to continue to hate on him. Totally fair. But let's not pretend this is some balanced, rational take (not really aimed at you but this thread in general).

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Just because he was "medically cleared" doesn't mean he was able to go. He very well may have planned on playing, but that doesn't mean he was ready to go come game day.

I get it, people hate him and will look for any excuse to continue to hate on him. Totally fair. But let's not pretend this is some balanced, rational take (not really aimed at you but this thread in general).

Honestly won't be surprised if we find out something is/was structurally wrong. Teams are quiet about this stuff all the time.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

The Browns purposely allowed a selfless player to go out injured and suck it up. It was clear within two games or so that he didn't belong out there. The fact of the matter is that the Browns let this just keep going and escalating. The situation looked super fishy because it was. No other team would have let him keep playing unless they were trying to garner sympathy for when they were planning on cutting him.

The fact of the matter is Baker is a moron. I suggest you get used to it. Less of your opinion and more facts

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

This man really snuck this line in here like Deshaun Watson hasn’t been one of the worst QBs in the NFL since stepping on the grass in Cleveland lmao

Yes i’m sure the rest of the league is terrified of Deshaun moving forward 

It’s early 

we’re 9 games in to a 5 year deal 

we’ve got alot of time left to judge this

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

It’s early 

we’re 9 games in to a 5 year deal 

we’ve got alot of time left to judge this

I don't know, looks like a horrible trade at this point.  He already started in a position where he had to out play the bad PR.  Now the clock is ticking.  He better win a super bowl next year or this team has to be rebuilt.  I am sure they can massage the cap a bit, but are you guys paying Garrett 35 million next year while paying Watson 64 and Ward 23?

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

I don't need to "find a reason" go continue to hate on him. He is a terrible human being. As for his play on the field, it's been awful.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

I don't know, looks like a horrible trade at this point.  He already started in a position where he had to out play the bad PR.  Now the clock is ticking.  He better win a super bowl next year or this team has to be rebuilt.  I am sure they can massage the cap a bit, but are you guys paying Garrett 35 million next year while paying Watson 64 and Ward 23?

Regarding Myles and Denzel they’re All Pro players. 

Those numbers are in line and they’re still young. 

I would genuinely say if Deshaun doesn’t look good by the end of next season you can call this a miss. 

But man it’s a 5 year deal with a QB under 30. 

He’s coming off his best game. I think we’ll be fine. But it’s going to take time with this shoulder.