Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

I mean in general, not specifically here.

But you know what they say - "Ravens fans can just as easily revel in the suffering of some Browns fans, if the suffering of all Browns fans is not possible"

The old me would have angrily lashed out and said “Go Orioles” here but the Dolans have also ruined baseball for me so what’s the point, you know?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

Regarding Myles and Denzel they’re All Pro players. 

Those numbers are in line and they’re still young. 

I would genuinely say if Deshaun doesn’t look good by the end of next season you can call this a miss. 

But man it’s a 5 year deal with a QB under 30. 

He’s coming off his best game. I think we’ll be fine. But it’s going to take time with this shoulder. 

Agree that they are all pro and are being paid to match, but it is gonna be tough keeping everyone after next year is all. 

I guess it is an obvious statement that short of winning a superbowl the contract will be a total bust.  But the issue with the other players is that while the qb has 3 years to do that he likely only has 1 year with the talent on defense.

Looking at the contract in itself is a sad tale though.

80 games in that contract
He has missed 28 games of that already which is 35% of the contract
Of the 9 games he played he has lost 4. So the good news is he has a winning record.  

The bad news is he only has 43 more games in the contract.  He is currently 4/37 games on the contract.

In order to have a winning record overall he needs to win 37 more games out of a possible 43.  Pretty much impossible.  I hope he stays healthy because I want to see the result based upon merit not happenstance. 

18 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agree that they are all pro and are being paid to match, but it is gonna be tough keeping everyone after next year is all. 

I guess it is an obvious statement that short of winning a superbowl the contract will be a total bust.  But the issue with the other players is that while the qb has 3 years to do that he likely only has 1 year with the talent on defense.

Looking at the contract in itself is a sad tale though.

Of the 9 games he played he has lost 4. So the good news is he has a winning record.  

The bad news is he only has 43 more games in the contract.  He is currently 4/37 games on the contract.

In order to have a winning record overall he needs to win 37 more games out of a possible 43.  Pretty much impossible.  I hope he stays healthy because I want to see the result based upon merit not happenstance. 

I think he’s signed through 2026, so that’s 51 games plus another 12 for 63 games unless I’m reading that incorrectly, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

huh? 

He missed 11 games last year

Played 6 in 2022 

We're 5 weeks into the season 

Thats 22 games 

As of right now yes he does have a winning record. 

It's still early yall

Look at Jared Goff people wrote him off now look at him. Theres alot of time left

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

huh? 

He missed 11 games last year

Played 6 in 2022 

We're 5 weeks into the season 

Thats 22 games 

As of right now yes he does have a winning record. 

It's still early yall

Look at Jared Goff people wrote him off now look at him. Theres alot of time left

Oh you are right I am off by 2021, brain fart, my bad.  Still you get my point.  

Jared Goff is an interesting comparison, I expect more out of Watson, but the issue is Watson is being paid more than double Goff.  If the contract wasn't such a hindrance then he would have a lot more wiggle room to make it a success.  Anyways, I guess you are right though, in 15 months we can judge it but too early now.

• Like 2