Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ah yes, fans questioning the toughness of athletes. A tradition like no other!! 

We've seen Watson play immediately after getting kicked in the eye by a defender, we've seen him take a bus from Houston to Jacksonville because his lungs were so bruised he couldn't fly on a plane because the pressure could lead to life threatening complications, we've seen him take an absolute beating with Houston, yet the only games he missed were his rookie season following a torn ACL - which he ironically played of for about three quarters. (This all happened on his rookie/non guaranteed contract, mind you).

So - this particular action is so far removed from what we know about this player. If you're NOT questioning it, you're not paying attention to this particular player.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

He was medically cleared and chose not to play.

He bailed on an interview yesterday.

Those are facts and warrant reasonable skepticism, especially given his past antics elsewhere and here. You’re free to disagree, but pretending as though it’s not a reasonable stance is a bit disingenuous here.

Medically cleared doesn't really mean that much. Burrow kept getting "medically cleared" to play and he could barely move.

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Medically cleared doesn't really mean that much. Burrow kept getting "medically cleared" to play and he could barely move.

…but he still played and was able to do so.

If you look at the pressers from Stefanski and see the volatile reactions from the rest of the locker room if you believe the reports, which I do, it warrants skepticism.

• Like 2

Just now, notthatbluestuff said:

And he probably shouldn't have.

I'm not trying to defend Watson of all people, I'm just saying "medically cleared" isn't necessarily the "he's fine!" you think it is.

Given the shock surrounding the situation and that it’s a diagnosed bruise, we aren’t talking about a sprained AC joint or a Baker Mayfield dislocated shoulder that he harnesses up and plays through.

This is an “ouchie” and a “boo boo”.

Him skipping the presser is the eyebrow raising moment here, all the other stuff notwithstanding.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

He sucks. He knows he sucks and he’s trying to hide behind an injury. 

I don’t even think it’s that. He got paid. He can wait it out almost 4 more years until he decides to ply when he wants and sucker another team into another decent contract.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don’t even think it’s that. He got paid. He can wait it out almost 4 more years until he decides to ply when he wants and sucker another team into another decent contract.

Is there any OUT whatsoever for the Browns? Like some fine print that could save them a little?

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He was medically cleared and chose not to play.

He bailed on an interview yesterday.

Those are facts and warrant reasonable skepticism, especially given his past antics elsewhere and here. You’re free to disagree, but pretending as though it’s not a reasonable stance is a bit disingenuous here.

Medically cleared by the TEAM doctors that work for the TEAM. Just because they clear him does not mean he was ready to go. The team doctors in SF told Kaepernick he was fine and didn't need surgery for him to only have THREE surgeries in the offseason after getting 2nd and 3rd outside opinions.

You still have not given me one legitimate reason he would quit after having his best performance with the team being 2-1 after week 3. You know how ridiculous it sounds that he would want to quit after week 3? Is he trying to get traded? What could the reason be that he bails after his Titans performance? 

If he feels more pain or his shoulder/rotator cuff being unstable, then he doesn't think he can go. You don't always have to side with the team/ownership in situations like this. Athletes want to play as that's all they train to do. Watson already has his big guaranteed deal. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You still have not given me one legitimate reason he would quit after having his best performance with the team being 2-1 after week 3.

I have. You either ignored them or have a different opinion, which is fine.

• Like 4