Is Deshaun Watson.. load managing?

General Tso

1. Watson is a creep. Period. It's top-to-bottom.

2. Watson will never be top-10 again. That chapter is done.

3. The 2-1 Browns are a dumpster fire. My guess is they finish last in the AFCN.

4. This is only going to get worse. 

5. 2024 Browns will be the beginning of a rebuild. The true rebuild starts 2025, though. The new coach will be assured a long leash (by being given a fat contract).

6. Jimmy might still can that guy after 2024 as one more scapegoat for franchise mismanagement. 

7.  There is nothing Berry and Stef are rooting harder against than Baker's success; it's an indictment of their ineptitude.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Agreed. Your position is definitely revisions history.

It was definitely the plan to send Baker out there injured so they could scapegoat him, and it worked. Here we are with Stef and Berry on the chopping block, as they should have already been. I'm guessing the Browns (rightfully) clean house after this season.

He was gone either way. They clearly took OBJ's side and were doing nothing to back up Baker when he was being trashed in the media.

If this is all it was then the Browns would have kept him.

The roster when Baker was there was overrated. All he had was an offensive line and Nick. The defense has not been consistently good and Njoku should never have gotten that terrible contract. One more reason to fire Stef.

Berry and Stef will be gone first. Good points as always, Mike.

Here's a cold one and a raise.

It's because they are snakes. Everything they do is narrative control.  They are politicians skilled at doublespeak. They see the end for themselves and are on self-preservation mode.

Your besides that I do not like Watson as a person.

Here's a question who's the biggest letdown obj getting payed 54 mill for 900 yards or watson?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

1. Watson is a creep. Period. It's top-to-bottom.

2. Watson will never be top-10 again. That's chapter is done.

3. The 2-1 Browns are a dumpster fire. My guess is they finish last in the AFCN.

4. This is only going to get worse. 

5. 2024 Browns will be the beginning of a rebuild. The true rebuild starts 2025, though. The new coach will be assured a long leash (by being given a fat contract).

6. Jimmy might still can that guy after 2024 as one more scapegoat for franchise mismanagement. 

7.  There is nothing Berry and Stef are rooting harder against than Baker's success; it's an indictment of their ineptitude.

High my old friend excellent post. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

The Browns have no protection against Watson in the event Watson wants to act like a bad actor. In fact, we have only rewarded and enabled him. Of the 4 teams that were actively pursuing him last season, we were the only team he willingly eliminated and said he wasn’t interested in playing for. 

Because Watson didn’t want to be here, we rewarded him by giving him a $240M fully locked deal with rape insurance ensuring he was only risking $1M out of the $45M he was owed his first year in case he got suspended. 

This is a MASSIVE part that people forget. Cleveland was originally out of the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes... until they created an albatross of a long term, fully guaranteed deal.

His first personal choice was *ALWAYS* Miami. That was cut off quickly once Brian Flores was fired, and then it became a free for all, and Cleveland paid to play - literally.

Now? He knows he's stuck there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Watson was literally on the field warming up before the game and elected not to play. I wouldn’t read much into this. The Browns coaching staff simply repeated public information. 

Ok didn't know that. Definitely makes it a bit more understandable then... The coaches could have still at least put the brunt of it on them which would have looked better for their player, but this is at least acceptable.

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ok didn't know that. Definitely makes it a bit more understandable then... The coaches could have still at least put the brunt of it on them which would have looked better for their player, but this is at least acceptable.

Are we sure Stefanski even wanted Leshaun in the first place?

A Browns fan can educate me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This is a MASSIVE part that people forget. Cleveland was originally out of the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes... until they created an albatross of a long term, fully guaranteed deal.

His first personal choice was *ALWAYS* Miami. That was cut off quickly once Brian Flores was fired, and then it became a free for all, and Cleveland paid to play - literally.

Now? He knows he's stuck there.

This

34 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Wild considering Njoku literally burned his face off and played 2 days later.

You don't catch a ball with your face. 

It's a long season 

Unfortunately for the rest of the league Deshaun will be fine whenever he comes back, but I do think it's unprofessional the way the Browns have handled this situation from a PR standpoint. It's a bad look. Eventually he'll get healthy and we'll move past this. 

They need to switch it from Day to Day to Week to Week and just call him a healthy scratch. You decided to trade Doubbs it is what it is. Deal with your backup QB and get ready for the week. **** happens idk why we're acting so secretive it's just a dubious look. Like we don't know what's going on. It's dumb