Three up and three down, Browns get a much needed gritty win

Bucketheadsdad

Up:

Entire defense. They're legit.

Running game. While not great, definitely showed some signs of life.

Stefanski's scheme. Lots of nice plays today.

Cooper. Once again proving that was a steal of a trade.

Down:

Walker. He made some solid throws, but he made a ton of bad decisions... only some of them did he pay the price for.

Penalties. Some were just bad calls by the refs, but we were still sloppy.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

A win against SF with a practice squad quarterback is about impossible to find fault. Too many penalties and Teller is really struggling this season.

Without looking at his cap situation, I won't be remotely surprised if he's a cap casualty next year. He's not bad, but has regressed since his dominant 2020 season.

• Like 1

Up:

Defense played out of its mind. 
Schwartz letting this defense dominate

Hunt looking like he is getting back into the groove a bit

Njoku with some great plays 

Down:

Turnovers, can’t do it. Only reason this team wasn’t winning by more and didn’t need to sweat a missed FG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Without looking at his cap situation, I won't be remotely surprised if he's a cap casualty next year. He's not bad, but has regressed since his dominant 2020 season.

If he’s going to struggle in pass pro, he needs to be gone and we need to go another direction. He’s a mauler in the run game but short of a significant reworked contract, I think he’s got to go.

I get we had to pick up Jed’s 5th year but between those 2, they’re absolute cap anchors.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If he’s going to struggle in pass pro, he needs to be gone and we need to go another direction. He’s a mauler in the run game but short of a significant reworked contract, I think he’s got to go.

I get we had to pick up Jed’s 5th year but between those 2, they’re absolute cap anchors.

Yeah, too much money invested into the OL for them to be just good but not great.

Extending Conklin was a mistake. He's good when healthy but his health has been an issue since he's been here.

Wills is likely gone after next year. 

Like you said, Teller is a beast in the run game but has been bad in pass protection this year and he's never been more than just decent in that area. I'd love to keep him if he's willing to rework his contract, but if not, he's gone next year IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Between those two and an aging Bitonio it wouldn’t be the worse idea to double double on another couple OL again next spring too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, too much money invested into the OL for them to be just good but not great.

Extending Conklin was a mistake. He's good when healthy but his health has been an issue since he's been here.

Wills is likely gone after next year. 

Like you said, Teller is a beast in the run game but has been bad in pass protection this year and he's never been more than just decent in that area. I'd love to keep him if he's willing to rework his contract, but if not, he's gone next year IMO.

To add to that, Conklin's contract stings even more now that we have Dawand Jones.