Week 7: Browns @ Colts. A Game Day Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Let’s feel things out a bit  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s gonna complain the most this week, regardless of outcomes, facts or circumstances?

• MWil, the up and comer complainer extraordinaire
    • Scrabble, the battle tested and experienced vet
    • Mike, because if he was GM we’d have Dorse GM, Baker, Jamo, DT Davis, Andersun and 100,000,ooo
    • A random boomer who only pops in once every 4 months to rant
    • The dynamic duo of LGB and DawgX complaining about the complainer’s complaints
  2. 2. Who wins?

• Whoever gets to ride Minshew’s mustache
    • Horny
    • Killer mike
    • Huh?
    • Colts
    • Browns

Ok so my thoughts on the game today. Holy crap just a weird weird game. 

If I had contracted one of those cats that diagnose bipolar disorder pregame I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have it. From the beginning of the game until the end I’m pretty sure he (or she, not judging) would have diagnosed me with bipolar disorder. Just after the game and right now?  Pretty sure I don’t have that thing I mentioned. Diagnosed obviously. 

Oh dang straight looks like we finally benefited from calls. I’m not embarrassed. It’s literally about time. 

Oh as far as Watson, nobody seemed to mention that the sideline reporter girl mentioned that he couldn’t raise his arm during that tumultuous time. So to me it looks like he tried to gut it out and failed. Where do we go from here?  Don’t know. Maybe get DTR up to a more advanced speed. Would love to trade for Mr. Brisket. Last year with the current defense we make the playoffs. This year with the real current defense we make the playoffs. 

Yeah don’t know what I’m saying. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So wild lol. A solid decade of conversing and then *THAT* is the last straw.  

He was irrational about Baker at times but otherwise entertaining.  

It isn't like I don't still read this thread. I just don't participate because I got tired of the BS I got with every post about the Browns. I just reached a point where it wasn't fun anymore. When I talked about us during the season you and others said I couldn't have an opinion. I told y'all then (you specifically) that it was wearing on me and I was getting tired of every post I made being a dig at me in an unfriendly way. You all know I can take any light hearted joke, you have to be able to when you live in West Virginia.

DawgX wouldn't stop replying to every post I made about Watson by calling me a Baker fanboy or some variation of that.

I would talk about how our defense underperformed last season (example) and then you'd say you don't watch the games...

I'd say Watson should have been ready last year because he wasn't injured and had a preseason with the guys and practiced for weeks with them before being activated and DawgX would say I like ya but you opinion is crap because you love Baker.

I've watched the games this year when Watson was out and again after he got injured today (I had it on the redzone channel so I saw it 30 seconds after you guys did).

I don't feel I was irrational about Baker, I stated what I believed he could be and said Landy/OBJ/Higgins and our pass blocking offensive line were very over rated. Obviously I was wrong about Baker early on. I thought he could be good in any system and that's been proven wrong. I do think he could still be good but it would have to be an offense catered to him and that's not what you expect from a #1 overall pick. I still believe the Browns would be better off with him, the 1st round picks and $30 million more in cap per season but what is done is done. No takebacks.

Also, even if I was the world's biggest Baker fanboy I wasn't being any more irrational than you and the other Stefanski fanboys. It's always someone else's fault. It isn't his fault guys don't run better routes. Or catch everything. Or be undisciplined. Or win games. He may end up being a HOF coach but thus far he has been mediocre at best. I don't care if you think he had a good offensive gameplan every week, he didn't win. He isn't the offensive coordinator he is the head coach. If someone had a stupid penalty, it was under his watch. No, he can't control what everyone does on the field but if your players are undisciplined that is on the head coach.

Anyway, It's really just about me being irritated with the team and irritated when I tried to talk football here so why put myself through it. Y'all got mike now. I'm not needed for entertainment purposes.

I posted in the fantasy league thread so I already broke the "I'm leaving forever, enjoy watching me walk away" statement I made. I still like everyone, as much as I ever did anyway, It's all about my own checks and balances. Some of you irritated me when I posted all of the time, you still do. Let people have opinions, stop thinking yours are facts. We certainly don't have to agree, or really even like each other to have discussions and have laughs. This is a forum, that is what you do. I say you're welcome and smile after helping someone at work. It isn't real, but it's what you do. However, I felt like people were keeping me from doing what you do in a forum. I don't want to have it all redirected to some stupid debate from 3 years ago, it isn't helpful or enjoyable.

tldr; Yeah it's whatever.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

It isn't like I don't still read this thread. I just don't participate because I got tired of the BS I got with every post about the Browns. I just reached a point where it wasn't fun anymore. When I talked about us during the season you and others said I couldn't have an opinion. I told y'all then (you specifically) that it was wearing on me and I was getting tired of every post I made being a dig at me in an unfriendly way. You all know I can take any light hearted joke, you have to be able to when you live in West Virginia.

DawgX wouldn't stop replying to every post I made about Watson by calling me a Baker fanboy or some variation of that.

I would talk about how our defense underperformed last season (example) and then you'd say you don't watch the games...

I'd say Watson should have been ready last year because he wasn't injured and had a preseason with the guys and practiced for weeks with them before being activated and DawgX would say I like ya but you opinion is crap because you love Baker.

I've watched the games this year when Watson was out and again after he got injured today (I had it on the redzone channel so I saw it 30 seconds after you guys did).

I don't feel I was irrational about Baker, I stated what I believed he could be and said Landy/OBJ/Higgins and our pass blocking offensive line were very over rated. Obviously I was wrong about Baker early on. I thought he could be good in any system and that's been proven wrong. I do think he could still be good but it would have to be an offense catered to him and that's not what you expect from a #1 overall pick. I still believe the Browns would be better off with him, the 1st round picks and $30 million more in cap per season but what is done is done. No takebacks.

Also, even if I was the world's biggest Baker fanboy I wasn't being any more irrational than you and the other Stefanski fanboys. It's always someone else's fault. It isn't his fault guys don't run better routes. Or catch everything. Or be undisciplined. Or win games. He may end up being a HOF coach but thus far he has been mediocre at best. I don't care if you think he had a good offensive gameplan every week, he didn't win. He isn't the offensive coordinator he is the head coach. If someone had a stupid penalty, it was under his watch. No, he can't control what everyone does on the field but if your players are undisciplined that is on the head coach.

Anyway, It's really just about me being irritated with the team and irritated when I tried to talk football here so why put myself through it. Y'all got mike now. I'm not needed for entertainment purposes.

I posted in the fantasy league thread so I already broke the "I'm leaving forever, enjoy watching me walk away" statement I made. I still like everyone, as much as I ever did anyway, It's all about my own checks and balances. Some of you irritated me when I posted all of the time, you still do. Let people have opinions, stop thinking yours are facts. We certainly don't have to agree, or really even like each other to have discussions and have laughs. This is a forum, that is what you do. I say you're welcome and smile after helping someone at work. It isn't real, but it's what you do. However, I felt like people were keeping me from doing what you do in a forum. I don't want to have it all redirected to some stupid debate from 3 years ago, it isn't helpful or enjoyable.

Nice Thomas

This draft is loaded who do you like

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Happy to hear from you and hope all is well.

I won’t debate your points as you clearly aren’t interested in that, but take care of yourself and pop by once in a while.  

If I ever gave you the impression my comments weren’t in jest or meant to be friendly jabs, then that’s on me and I apologize.  

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Please post more here

Just watching highlights, I think Stef didn’t run on 3rd and goal because he didn’t want PJ panicking.

Yes, they most likely would have had 15+ seconds left, but a QB with limited experience isn’t looking at the clock. They’re purely worried about getting the snap off.

• Like 2