Best Defense

Chiefer

Is it the Browns officially? The 9ers? The Chiefs? Where do the Bills and Patriots rank post injuries? Do the Cowboys rebound?

Edit: Jets definitely deserve to be up here too.

Ranking

Browns - Jets

9ers

Chiefs

Steelers

Edited by Chiefer

2 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The Jets deserve to be in the conversation

Mahomes,Hurts and Allen have all been bad against this defense

How could I forget the Jets! That D os stacked at three levels and 7 pass rushers deep

Is 2023 the year of the Defense?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Is it the Browns officially? The 9ers? The Chiefs? Where do the Bills and Patriots rank post injuries? Do the Cowboys rebound?

Ranking

Browns - Jets

9ers

Chiefs

Steelers

But the steelers don't deserve to be in that category!...They are not even average....I know that the steelers offense is awful and don't help them but they are 20th in points allowed and 30th in yards and they struggle big time against the run.And if they don't sack the QB our pass defense is also a issue!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Ranking

Browns - Jets

9ers

Chiefs

Steelers

Browns are clear no. 1 so far.

Ravens are 2nd in defensive DVOA.

SF is 4th, DAL is 5th, KC is 9th, PIT is 11th and NYJ are 12th.  

• Like 2

https://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1713699738183143710?s=20

EDIT - been having trouble embedding links...

Quarterbacks against Robert Saleh's #Jets defense

• #Bills Josh Allen: 29 of 41, 236, TD, 3 INT, 62.7 QB rating
  • #Chiefs Patrick Mahomes: 18 of 30, 203 yards, TD, 2 INT, 63.6
  • #Eagles Jalen Hurts: 27 of 43, 279, TD, 3 INT, 60.1

Wow

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

That you have the Chiefs up there but not the Ravens is laughable but a respect your blatant bias towards your favorite team. 

I just don’t watch the Ravens, sorry I forgot them lol 

The Chiefs have been playing like a top 5 defense too man, I think next week is gonna be a real test for both teams. Ravens can finally go against a good offense in the Lions and the Chiefs have the Chargers. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't care where you rank them, but Ravens are top 5. Mine would be (in no order):

• Browns
  • Dallas
  • 49ers
  • Ravens
  • Jets

Crazy what a difference a DC can make. I didn't even realize that the Browns hired Jim Schwartz as their DC, huge upgrade over what they had. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Is 2023 the year of the Defense?

It could be a chicken-egg thing, but most of the top QBs also aren’t lighting it up the way we’re accustomed to IMO. Mahomes also hasn't been exactly killing it on the stat sheets compared to what we’re seeing. Neither is Hurts. Josh is hot and cold. Burrow and the Bengals have been problematic. The only pretty consistent forces at QB so far have been Herbert and Tua, the rest seem more inconsistent than usual.

I know those are still some of the highest scoring offenses in the league, just feels like the top dogs aren’t blowing the doors off like we’re used to. Again, chicken-egg.

5 minutes ago, Soko said:

It could be a chicken-egg thing, but most of the top QBs also aren’t lighting it up the way we’re accustomed to IMO. Mahomes also hasn't been exactly killing it on the stat sheets compared to what we’re seeing. Neither is Hurts. Josh is hot and cold. Burrow and the Bengals have been problematic. The only pretty consistent forces at QB so far have been Herbert and Tua, the rest seem more inconsistent than usual.

I know those are still some of the highest scoring offenses in the league, just feels like the top dogs aren’t blowing the doors off like we’re used to. Again, chicken-egg.

Yup, a lot of the leagues "elite" QBs aren't playing at the level we have seen when Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers were lighting up the league.