Best Defense

Chiefer

22 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Feels like the Browns defense is really just smoke and mirrors. They've played bad competition, had one fluky game against SF where they looked elite, but overall I think they're feasting on bad competition and aren't as good as the numbers indicate. 

Ravens defense is actually legit.

Combined record of teams played: 17-15, if you are going to try to smear our accomplishments, at least try to make a stronger argument.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 10/24/2023 at 3:19 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Combined record of teams played: 17-15, if you are going to try to smear our accomplishments, at least try to make a stronger argument.

And oh what a prestigious accomplishment it is to smear. Hang the banners - Cleveland Browns best NFL defense from week 1 - week 6 of the 2023 season. Who WOULDNT want to tear that bad boy down.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 3:19 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I mean the records of the teams matters less in terms of rating their defense than the quality of their offenses. For instance, the Steelers are 6-3 but literally have a bottom 5 offense. Why does the Browns Defense get credit for the Steelers Defense's quality (contributing to wins)?

• 1 month later...

So it’s the Browns right? Then the Ravens, and 9ers, Chiefs?

Also, Chiefs against some Number one WRs this year:

ARSB (Det) 6-71 1 TD
D Moore (Chi) 3-41 1 TD
G Wilson (NYJ) 9-60 0 TD
J Jefferson (Min) 3-28 0 TD(3.25 quarters)
K Allen (LAC) 4-55 0 TD
T Hill (Mia) 8-62 0 TD (1 fumble)
A J Brown (Phi) 1-8 0 TD
D Adams (LV) 1-7 0 TD
D Adams (LV) 1-4 0 TD
S Diggs (Buf) 4-24 0 TD
J Chase (Cin) 3-41 0 TD

9 hours ago, Chiefer said:

So it’s the Browns right? Then the Ravens, and 9ers, Chiefs?

Also, Chiefs against some Number one WRs this year:

ARSB (Det) 6-71 1 TD
D Moore (Chi) 3-41 1 TD
G Wilson (NYJ) 9-60 0 TD
J Jefferson (Min) 3-28 0 TD(3.25 quarters)
K Allen (LAC) 4-55 0 TD
T Hill (Mia) 8-62 0 TD (1 fumble)
A J Brown (Phi) 1-8 0 TD
D Adams (LV) 1-7 0 TD
D Adams (LV) 1-4 0 TD
S Diggs (Buf) 4-24 0 TD
J Chase (Cin) 3-41 0 TD

Ravens lead the league in PPG, takeaways, and sacks. Has to be the Ravens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Ravens end the year as the first defense in NFL history to finish the year #1 in PPG (16.5), sacks (60), and takeaways (31)

They still gonna lose. I wonder what you’re gonna tell me when it happens. 

On 1/2/2024 at 2:50 PM, AngusMcFife said:

Browns D is slightly harder to move the ball against

Ravens D makes slightly more splash plays

I'm calling it a tie 

That's fair. I think the Browns have a better starting 11 when healthy. When you factor in depth, Baltimore is the top.

I do think Baltimore, despite being a great defense, isn't the toughest of units. They can get manhandled at times. Cleveland is succeptible to getting gashed with quick traps. They are also heavily penalized. 

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Ravens end the year as the first defense in NFL history to finish the year #1 in PPG (16.5), sacks (60), and takeaways (31)

that's crazy, seems like no one is talking about this. I guess it's the lack of star power? if this was a prime reed/ray/suggs defense, it would be talked about a lot more nationally

1 hour ago, August4th said:

that's crazy, seems like no one is talking about this. I guess it's the lack of star power? if this was a prime reed/ray/suggs defense, it would be talked about a lot more nationally

Yeah it is pretty wild honestly. Outside of Roquan the only “big” name is Hamilton, and he’s only in his 2nd year. I think also since offense has been down as a whole this season throughout the league it’s kind of flown under the radar