Best Defense

Chiefer

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Yup, a lot of the leagues "elite" QBs aren't playing at the level we have seen when Brees, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers were lighting up the league. 

but is that because Defenses are catching up to the high octane passing attack? Like they’ve finally adjusted to the Manning/Brady rule changes and the new age offenses?

I’ve always believed in cycles, with everything geared towards the pass now it’s advantageous to pivot to YAC/Running game + Good Defense

On 10/17/2023 at 6:57 AM, Jlowe22 said:

Feel like new Orleans is being slept on.

Something about this just doesn't sit right with me....

Also what's crazy about the Browns is that we are like last in turnovers despite everything else. I imagine that number is going to go up with who we have coming up on our schedule.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

27 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The Ravens have allowed 6 TDs in 7 games

They lead the league in sacks

They’ve played most of the season without Humphrey, Marcus Williams, and their two starting edge rushers 

They Ravens are in the discussion for best in the league. 

Yup they finally played a good offense and clamped em, I’m thoroughly impressed, Ravens are probably the best right now

Chiefs still haven’t allowed 20 points to opposing offenses, and they’ve played a few good offenses at this point. losing Nick Bolton is the suck though, Tranquil seems to be up for the job

Browns got scored on by Indy, just gonna chalk it up to Minshew-mania? Myles Garrett is in the DPOTY discussion, but the defense might not be the best in 50 years.

9ers have almost all their pieces on Defense and will continue to be excellent

Jets just shut down elite QBs it’s fun to watch

Steelers look great since that week one drubbing they got from the 9ers, TJ Watt is also right in the DPOTY mix

Are the Cowboys/Bills gonna rebound from the injuries to their respective defenses?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yup they finally played a good offense and clamped em, I’m thoroughly impressed, Ravens are probably the best right now

Chiefs still haven’t allowed 20 points to opposing offenses, and they’ve played a few good offenses at this point. losing Nick Bolton is the suck though, Tranquil seems to be up for the job

Browns got scored on by Indy, just gonna chalk it up to Minshew-mania? Myles Garrett is in the DPOTY discussion, but the defense might not be the best in 50 years.

Steelers look great since that week one drubbing they got from the 9ers, TJ Watt is also right in the DPOTY mix

Are the Cowboys/Bills gonna rebound from the injuries to their respective defenses?

Yeah it was concerning to see the Colts drop 38 on the Browns. The Ravens gave up 22 points to the Colts in 5 quarters.

18 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Feels like the Browns defense is really just smoke and mirrors. They've played bad competition, had one fluky game against SF where they looked elite, but overall I think they're feasting on bad competition and aren't as good as the numbers indicate. 

Ravens defense is actually legit.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Feels like the Browns defense is really just smoke and mirrors. They've played bad competition, had one fluky game against SF where they looked elite, but overall I think they're feasting on bad competition and aren't as good as the numbers indicate. 

Ravens defense is actually legit.

I’ll be very surprised if the Browns defense finishes ahead of the Ravens in most of the major statistical categories once all 17 have been played. I’ll just leave it at that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Yeah it was concerning to see the Colts drop 38 on the Browns. The Ravens gave up 22 points to the Colts in 5 quarters.

You fail to mention 4 sacks, 3 fumbles, 1 int, and a defensive TD. Meaning if you took the Browns defense in fantasy, you got 18 points, if you took the Ravens, you only got 15. In addition to winning games without Nick Chubb and having a 3rd string QB, Thanks for the call....

Edited by MSURacerDT55