State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I know it's frustrating that Skoronski is likely going to be our LG the next 10 years and not our next LT

But...after watching last night...you can't discredit how important interior OL passblocking is in today's NFL. Obviously the edges are where the money is made...but with guys like Chris Jones, Simmons, Quinnen Williams able to just wreck games...the interior OL is becoming more and more of a premium.

Worth an early first round pick? Very debatable. But 4 years down the line I think we'll be very happy we have Peter Skoronski at LG. 

I literally argued this same statement with someone on the forum. 💪🏾 No doubt it’s just as important, to co-sign what you said an add a lil some some, you can neutralize a edge rusher. You can chip him add max protection with a TE, you go quick passing game, how the Patriots would do to offset a outside rush. But it’s hard to avoid pressure from the interior throwing the QB off his spot. 

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

Doesn’t Rashawn Slater have short arms as well? Why is he able to play tackle but now Skoronski? Even Joe Staley had short arms 

Ive accepted he’s playing guard but just want to knw what the main difference is

Lots of short armed tackles have been successful. Roos is a good example. Having short arms, by itself, isn’t inherently a problem. If a tackle still is able to latch successfully, and get good leverage on lengthy Edges in college (the things short arms will make difficult) then they can do it in the pros, if they’re good prospects.

Skoronski struggled with those things in college, which is why he was likely limited to playing guard. It’s not having short arms, it’s struggling with the things that short armed guys often struggle with.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I hate PK. 

He is on this thing about Ran. He is so critical of every interview he does. 

Click bait that’s his way of attracting traffic. Controversy sales some people don’t care if they stoop low they’re simply bout a dollar. 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Click bait that’s his way of attracting traffic. Controversy sales some people don’t care if they stoop low they’re simply bout a dollar. 

Yea. He has just created a persona at this point. It’s just nonsense to me. I cant believe he gets people to pay for his content.

10 minutes ago, 615finest said:

It’s pretty weird at this point.. why does talk about Ran the way he does 

That whole station has it out for Ran. Paul, Stillman.  It's very questionable. 

My opinion they've already taken huge steps in trying to fix the line with the coaching changes. Amy has been unpredictable but firing Ran? give me a break. 
I despise their coverage. 
Turron Davenport, Derrick Mason and most times the morning show is all that's worth listening to. 

I will say though, the approach of "we'll fix the OL eventually" is an absolute no no.

Fixing the OL is more important than fixing the WR corps, the DBs, the LBs, or special teams.  If Levis is the guy, him being healthy and protected is far, far more important than any other aspect of building this team.  Not all pieces are equal.

And if that's their approach, then I do expect the current administration to eventually be fired.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I knew it was going to be #2. lol

I changed it to that in Madden. 

Yea as soon as Azeez wasn’t brought back I knew he was gone switch to 2 lol… waaaaay better then 32.. definitely was hoping he got it over Rudolph

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 2:26 PM, Daniel said:

I will say though, the approach of "we'll fix the OL eventually" is an absolute no no.

Fixing the OL is more important than fixing the WR corps, the DBs, the LBs, or special teams.  If Levis is the guy, him being healthy and protected is far, far more important than any other aspect of building this team.  Not all pieces are equal.

And if that's their approach, then I do expect the current administration to eventually be fired.

Be patient I’m sure they have a plan in place, to quote Cally there’s more than 1 way to help protect a QB than just blocking, gotta have guys that can get open quick too. 

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Somehow, Malik Willis is the QB from his class that stuck around with his team the longest.

Still technically 2022 QB1, lol.

I suspect in another year or so that Purdy will beat Willis. But for now Willis has a 1 day lead 😂

11 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Be patient I’m sure they have a plan in place, to quote Cally there’s more than 1 way to help protect a QB than just blocking, gotta have guys that can get open quick too. 

Yeah, that was the approach that they took with Burrow and the Bengals.  And Burrow has had *checks notes* two long term injuries in four years.

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, that was the approach that they took with Burrow and the Bengals.  And Burrow has had *checks notes* two long term injuries in four years.

& went to a SB & we’re on their way to a 2nd but some idiot hit the QB going out of the bounds, meanwhile we haven’t been to a SB in 25 yrs. Rome wasn’t built in a day I like how they’re attacking the off-season 

• Like 1