State of Titans convo: Non-game specific

deeluxx3

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Just pulling a tweet from a titans reporter who was referencing a depth chart where Levis leapfrogged Malik

But this is holier than thou Titania 

Nah, not holier than thou. But if nothing else with how wack the reporting on our team has been since Wyatt left the Tennesseean to work for the team, it's probably worth it to double check on stuff like that.

Which obviously goes for me too.

Sucks to not have a reporter with any kind of consistent inside info.

Well my crow dinner was delicious!!! Happy to see Vrab's do the right thing...likely had some serious encouragement from above but however it happened it was the right decision!!

Hope the kid stays heathy and gives us enough to decide if he is worth riding, or if we have to bail. Early results are good, continued growth is the order of the day!!!

Thinking about this team and where we went wrong. 

The draft selection is the center of it all. 

We chose prospects poorly. Not so much the position but the prospect. 

Let Conklin walk so you could pay Tannehill and Henry among others. Conklin has been good but hurt. 

We drafted the right position in OT. But wrong person in Wilson. 

Then again drafted Radunz. Wrong person. Right position. 

And then we let players go. 

Nobody shed tears when Raymond was let go but obviously we didn't know how to use him. 

Let Corey Davis and Jonnu go. Never replaced them. 

I'm hoping Ran has a true plan and knows how to truly execute it by picking the right people. 

We have attacked the right positions but wrong people. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Thinking about this team and where we went wrong. 

The draft selection is the center of it all. 

We chose prospects poorly. Not so much the position but the prospect. 

Let Conklin walk so you could pay Tannehill and Henry among others. Conklin has been good but hurt. 

We drafted the right position in OT. But wrong person in Wilson. 

Then again drafted Radunz. Wrong person. Right position. 

And then we let players go. 

Nobody shed tears when Raymond was let go but obviously we didn't know how to use him. 

Let Corey Davis and Jonnu go. Never replaced them. 

I'm hoping Ran has a true plan and knows how to truly execute it by picking the right people. 

We have attacked the right positions but wrong people. 

We let Conklin go to sign Clowney I thought. & not only did we let Davis walk we traded a 2nd round pick for his replacement & cut his replacement next yr, which was a double edge sword. Jonnu we could’ve withstand simply because we used him more so as a H back, which I don’t understand why we don’t do more with Chig, but I guess that’s an art thing, he knew how to get the best out of TE’s based on their skillet. I shed tears when Raymond left because I felt he was the deep threat our offense needed & that he stretched the field, just wished we used the pass more to setup the run. But we’ve really missed in the draft like you said, Evans, both LB & RB, Wilson, Farley, Radunz, burks is trending in that direction. & we’ve allowed a lot of guys walk from Conklin, adoree, CD, & wasted a boat load of money on FA that didn’t live up to their contract; Dupree, wake, Crawford, Beasley, clowney, humpries, Lewis. 😖 this is bad 

Today just really showcased the warts on this team and how far we are removed from who we were a couple seasons ago 

tough road opponent, but sitting at 3-5 and need a win off a mini bye. Season REALLY hanging in balance for an outside chance at getting hot and playing catch-up. We lay a total dud. 6 points.

Outside of Henry and Hopkins … there are no grown a$$ men on this team. That vet leadership is lacking. We miss dudes like Kenny Vaccaro, Malcolm butler, and Saffold. Guys who maybe weren’t the BEST at their position/unit but just real PROS. This used to be a roster of dawgs and now it’s beyond soft. Simmons is as much bark as he is bite, if not more.

Im thinking any message from Vrabel is starting to fall flat, probably already has. Think Hopkins questioned effort today … when has anyone in the Vrabel era questioned effort? But a honest future HOFer like Hopkins knows lack of effort when he sees it , and even us fans can tell we don’t play with heart anymore

this roster needs to be totally hauled over. 100%. Need some dudes with mental strength. But it’s also a symptom of a head coach who no longer has his team playing the way they used to week in and week out, regardless of who was on the field  

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Doesn't help out best LT is playing OG. 

I’m left to assume the staff has no thought that Skoronski can be a starting left tackle in the NFL. It’s not like Dillard was an all-pro when he came in. We didn’t pay him crazy money that demanded we start him. And then he had a terrible camp and preseason. If, at no point, Vrabel/Kelly/whoever never even contemplated moving him to LT, I’m just not sure there’s anything there.

Just now, titans0021 said:

I’m left to assume the staff has no thought that Skoronski can be a starting left tackle in the NFL. It’s not like Dillard was an all-pro when he came in. We didn’t pay him crazy money that demanded we start him. And then he had a terrible camp and preseason. If, at no point, Vrabel/Kelly/whoever never even contemplated moving him to LT, I’m just not sure there’s anything there.

i'm not saying this is ultimately incorrect but given that this staff has given us absolutely no reason to believe that they are even baseline competent at evaluating and developing offensive linemen, i'm certainly not taking it as a given.