Week #7 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

The lions are in for a rude awakening. They’re good but idk if they’re that good. I’m not a hater I just know there’s a limit. They are very young and lack experience. I feel like Goff has played fantastic he has always been a one half type player. Even in his best years being with the rams he regressed. It’s either the hits or teams catch up with him, he always struggles… Also, their defense has been playing well!! Maybe that can carry them over and prevent this slump! But I doubt it. They are 2-3 years away from being really really good. I’m not here to spoil nor hate! It’s a simple observation I have. Do I want that to happen? No, the fans truly deserve it. I’ll take them over the crappy Niners and the terrible eagle drunks. But they are 2 levels away from those trash teams…. There’s a whole new level to hit and only battle tested teams can ascend to… 

We'll see, homie. You're correct by general wisdom, but once in awhile a team goes from 0-100. The GSOT Rams were one. The Patriots. I don't know yet if the Lions can do this, but there are signs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Ramster said:

The lions are in for a rude awakening. They’re good but idk if they’re that good. I’m not a hater I just know there’s a limit. They are very young and lack experience. I feel like Goff has played fantastic he has always been a one half type player. Even in his best years being with the rams he regressed. It’s either the hits or teams catch up with him, he always struggles… Also, their defense has been playing well!! Maybe that can carry them over and prevent this slump! But I doubt it. They are 2-3 years away from being really really good. I’m not here to spoil nor hate! It’s a simple observation I have. Do I want that to happen? No, the fans truly deserve it. I’ll take them over the crappy Niners and the terrible eagle drunks. But they are 2 levels away from those trash teams…. There’s a whole new level to hit and only battle tested teams can ascend to… 

Lions last season from week 9-18 was top 5 in Offensive DVOA and IIRC top 12 in Defensive DVOA. Their weeks 1-7 D DVOA was just really REALLY bad. So they are performing better this year, but it’s not a complete flip, it’s been a gradual increase. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, El Ramster said:

They definitely aren't two levels away. I think they are closer to being in the niners tier than they are being an 2 levels away from it. 

There are things in a matchup with the 49ers that I don't love for the Lions, but I think they are definitely in the mix for that #1 seed. 

21 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm definitely excited for the first half, in which our offense usually looks competent.

Then the second half arrives and we transform into the worst offense in football!

I'm really just excited to see the lions in another tough spot and see how they do. This is probably the hardest game left on their schedule. 

2 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Soooo... what the heck is going on with Deshaun Watson's shoulder?? 

Microtear of rotator supposedly:

"We just gotta continue to take it day-to-day," said Watson, who added that an MRI revealed a "microtear" in his rotator cuff muscle. "I'm not gonna put the team in jeopardy if I can't do certain things that is gonna allow us to be handicapped in certain situations. That's the reason why I haven't been able to step on the field."

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Microtear of rotator supposedly:

"We just gotta continue to take it day-to-day," said Watson, who added that an MRI revealed a "microtear" in his rotator cuff muscle. "I'm not gonna put the team in jeopardy if I can't do certain things that is gonna allow us to be handicapped in certain situations. That's the reason why I haven't been able to step on the field."

Is it a pain tolerance thing then? Just find it odd that that they're characterizing it as a 'day-to-day' issue when it looks at this point to keep him out for a month or more.