Week #7 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Does Jalen Hurts make or miss or plays with his legs? I've seen a common criticism of him on here is that he escapes the pocket too early, but I swear every time I see him play the man is making miracles happen. Anyone who watches more games care to chime in?

He absolutely makes wine out of water but even though he hasn't admitted it, he is playing injured! Not sure if it's his left knee? If it occured on the crazy scramble for a 1st down but he is clearly playing hobbled (MCL, Minicus,???)

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Does Jalen Hurts make or miss or plays with his legs? I've seen a common criticism of him on here is that he escapes the pocket too early, but I swear every time I see him play the man is making miracles happen. Anyone who watches more games care to chime in?

Both are true. Absolutely can make magic happen with his legs, but his pocket presence is average at best. I think it’s a game by game thing with him, where if he’s getting pressured early he stops trusting the OL and can turn skittish, but games like the other night where the OL mostly keeps him clean he can shine and was really only leaving collapsed pockets, as he should.
Β 

I think as long as he has the speed to break edge’s contain, he will always tend to leave clean pockets at higher rate than you’d like, but that’s a trade-off I can live with in his game.

53 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Both are true. Absolutely can make magic happen with his legs, but his pocket presence is average at best. I think it’s a game by game thing with him, where if he’s getting pressured early he stops trusting the OL and can turn skittish, but games like the other night where the OL mostly keeps him clean he can shine and was really only leaving collapsed pockets, as he should.
Β 

I think as long as he has the speed to break edge’s contain, he will always tend to leave clean pockets at higher rate than you’d like, but that’s a trade-off I can live with in his game.

So one bad hit and he’s done?Β