2024 NFL Draft- First Round Pick

BStanRamFan

What do to with our 2024 First Round Pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, we will have our first round pick for the first time since 2017. Quarterback's headline this draft and it's being touted as one of the deepest in recent memory. Stafford is playing very well, but at 36 with a laundry list of injuries, is it best to double-down and get him O-line help or finally take a QB?

• Draft LT
    • Draft QB
    • Draft EDGE
    • BPA

7 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

both schrager and jeremiah think the rams will trade out of the first. schrager even thinks we trade twice down in the first.

I saw this a lot up until this morning 

26 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1783552423832764925  

I dont know why the tweet doesn't come up anymore.

Rams are calling to trade into the Top 10.

seeing this rumor quite a bit now as of this morning. Wonder who they’d try to get if they do 

2 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

seeing this rumor quite a bit now as of this morning. Wonder who they’d try to get if they do 

Odunze, Alt, Bowers. Alt likely gone by 8

Russini said on “The Herd” that McVay is in love with someone. Who could it be?

Colin said Bowers and the Jets have the 10th pick and could look at Bowers. The Rams have to jump them. The Bears have the 9th pick. They only have 4 picks total and could be looking to move down to add more picks. The Falcons have the 8th pick and the connections are there for the Rams to work with them in a trade. So I could see Bowers being the guy McVay is in love with to go up and get it.

Logic is that Bowers is a special talent. He could be a top 3 TE in the NFL and the Rams never had an elite TE that I could ever remember. Having Bowers would easily be a difference maker plus you add him to the 11 personnel with Kupp, Puka, and Kyren. Could be the best offense in the league and definitely unstoppable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDY10 said:

I bet it’s Brock Bowers. Def won’t be trading up for OLine… there’s nobody worth trading up for and we’ve done well getting good linemen later on.  I don’t see any other special need other than QB that we would trade up for other than a generational talent type guy. And the only one I see that would fit would be Brock Bowers. I bet that’s who it is and if so that would be dope lol 

Edited by RamPackFan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Odunze, Alt, Bowers. Alt likely gone by 8

This assumes the current teams in those picks stand pat where they're at, which isn't likely.  That said, I got the same alert earlier today and it was caveated with "not for a QB."

My bet is they're trying to get a read on cost to move up if Bowers or one of the receivers falls past projected spots because of trades up for QB's - possibly one of the OT's but Ola still needs to develop his run-blocking - which makes me question whether Sean would value him enough to trade up for him.  I wonder if it's for Turner or if they're hedging on making sure the get Laitu (which, if they've somehow gotten a clean bill of health report for him, I could see) and I also wouldn't rule out Byron Murphy - if only because he's played every technique on the interior (even played from 0-tech at Texas so that T'Vondre Sweat could play the 3-tech), but Les would need to have a Jeffrey Simmons (minus the injury Simmons was coming into the league off of) level projection on Murphy for that to be worth it and even then I'd want to see the price we were paying (if our 2025 1st or 2nd was being used as ammo).