2023-2024 NBA GDT: Big stakes on the last day of the regular season!

11sanchez11

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean yesterday obviously they were not good in the non-LeBron minutes but that was largely to how poorly AD played as well as Reaves/DLo not playing great either. But this team has good depth and should not fall apart when LeBron goes to the bench. 

The Lakers depth outside of AD/LeBron is a straight mid-off:

Reaves, D-Lo, Huchimara, Wood, Reddish, Vincent, Hayes 

If LeBron and/or AD miss any time that's quite possibly the worst team in NBA history. 

1 hour ago, EddieGeorge27 said:

are we sure about that? The nuggets are a machine so don't want to make too broad of a claim, but the non-Lebron lakers didn't inspire a lot of confidence

It felt like Kuminga was going to play those minutes without the 3 quick fouls. I am interested in the role for CP3 and Kuminga when Draymond comes back and how the spacing looks

34 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Lakers will finish like 46-36 at best. The team is deep because they have a lot of average players. That's not good.

And @NYRaider I can't quote you since you are on the next page or because I am doing something wrong, but:

You guys expect every team to have 10 all stars or something? There is definitely good enough depth to survive the non-LeBron minutes. They did so in the playoffs last year and I believe the numbers weren't bad after the trade deadline in the 2nd half of the season either.

Reaves/DLO/AD did not play well so obviously it is not going to work when that happens. I wouldn't expect yesterday to be the norm though. 

15 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And @NYRaider I can't quote you since you are on the next page or because I am doing something wrong, but:

You guys expect every team to have 10 all stars or something? There is definitely good enough depth to survive the non-LeBron minutes. They did so in the playoffs last year and I believe the numbers weren't bad after the trade deadline in the 2nd half of the season either.

Reaves/DLO/AD did not play well so obviously it is not going to work when that happens. I wouldn't expect yesterday to be the norm though. 

It'd be nice if they had 1 guy outside of Lebron play like an all-star.

But if the Lakers are intent on playing Lebron 29 minutes compared to his 35 last year, the depth isn't going to bring them a top 4 seed in the west. I still have them in the playoffs, as Reaves/DLo/Vanderbilt are nice, but the 6-10 spots on the roster look troublesome. I would also like to see Max Christie get some run over Cam Reddish, I liked the shooting Christie showed in the preseason. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's still hilarious to me that the Lakers were a play in team last year, added Vincent/Wood, and now they're expected to be elite.

They get to play an entire year without Russell Westbrook. Maybe they won't be elite, but they were much better than play-in caliber once he was gone.

6 minutes ago, EddieGeorge27 said:

It'd be nice if they had 1 guy outside of Lebron play like an all-star.

But if the Lakers are intent on playing Lebron 29 minutes compared to his 35 last year, the depth isn't going to bring them a top 4 seed in the west. I still have them in the playoffs, as Reaves/DLo/Vanderbilt are nice, but the 6-10 spots on the roster look troublesome. I would also like to see Max Christie get some run over Cam Reddish, I liked the shooting Christie showed in the preseason. 

I mean again, the guys that needed to step up when he went to the bench did not do so. Reaves wasn't aggressive enough all game and we know what AD did in the 2nd half. I expect that to change going forward. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I expect teams to have more than 2 good players, yes.

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to 2023-2024 NBA GDT: Big stakes on the last day of the regular season!