GDT: LA Rams (3-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-2)

DaBoys

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Back to back TD’s by Rams not a good opening drive for the defense 

Like I said before the half, don't count out a well coached team. It's the small things, those small decisions, when made correctly, that add up over the course of a game that turn a blowout around or close out a close game into a W. Let's see how the offense responds. If they're wise, they will open up with a deep attempt to push the safeties off, and then grind Pollard.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Well Cowboys org did waste his career here 

Waste?

There's a ton of HoF players who never won a ring, and more still who never won a ring with the team they played a decade for, then snuck in a SB win with their second team who just needed a little extra push to get over a hump...and still chose to go into the hall with the team they played the decade with, even if they didn't win there.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:30 PM, The_Slamman said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  It would be so easy to come up with an “Integrity of the Game Instant Replay Rule.”  Like, if it’s immediately obvious that the refs royally screwed up or blatantly missed an OBVIOUS penalty that the nfl could call into the officials on the field to fix it.  

But, I highly doubt the nfl would even entertain it.  I’ve got to believe that the NFL benefits from questionable officiating.  Why?  Because it adds to the suspense/drama and so people keep talking about it.  People are still talking about Miami/Philly based on the most horrific, lopsided officiciated game of the season so far.

my point is the NFL only cares minimally about the integrity of the game (just enough so that it won’t be confused with pro wrestling).  The NFL actually benefits to a good degree on questionable if not poor officiating.

When you consider the amount of money being bet every week, it isn't hard to figure out how the NFL is benefiting.

It's not just on the games or point spreads anymore, now it's on stats, fantasy points, etc.

Do you honestly believe that the people in charge of all of this "gambling" would leave trillions of dollars to chance?

The house ALWAYS wins. Money will change hands from week to week, but in the end, it's the House that wins. They have to, otherwise they would be outta buisness.

The big question is just WHO is in charge of all of this and how does it connect to the NFL and other big name "sports?"

I guess when you figure that out, the jig is up.

If any of you have a better explanation, im all ears.

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Most consecutive made field goals to begin an NFL career in league history

17, Brandon Aubrey, Cowboys, 2023
17, Travis Coons, Browns, 2015

Aubrey's 27-yard FG  in third quarter tied the record.

Thanks, now when he misses his next one we know who to blame lol