GDT: LA Rams (3-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-2)

DaBoys

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

Beautiful play by Dak.

Yeah I'll give the ol thumbs up on that one. He came back to that read knowing the coverage would eventually allow the throw. And then the throw had such a small timing window to be made and he made it 

When he's on the mark, he is really freaking good. The problem is that he is so damn bipolar sometimes. When he's good he is so damn good. But when he is bad he is just so damn bad...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Dak and Lamb look unstoppable today. What an amazing first half performance by all. Bit unfortunate on the RZ interception that was tipped, but the offense in general has answered a lot of questions today.

Have they?

They've done this to every mid tier and lower  team they've played, aside from when they got out coached and out hustled against the Cards.

The real questions I've been asking is if they can do anything close to this against teams like Philadelphia, San Francisco, and I guess Detroit since the NFC outside of PHI, SF and DAL is pretty weak. The NFCs lack of powerhouse franchises overall is what could work in Dallas's favor in the playoffs, but they need to do this against those above mentioned teams if they want to actually answer any questions.

• Like 1

In the second half, if McVay wants to stop the bleeding, he has to have his defense play to the zone blitzes that usually are harder to read. Dropping and rushing linebackers to mix it up, which should slow down the passing attack but in turn. Open lanes for Pollard 

Which should then allow Pollard space to chew clock and close the game, but he is not much of a grinder. He is going to have to be, though. McVay is still a good coach, and if Dallas comes out doing the same things offensively and defensively, it'll become a totally different game.

I don't out anything past very good coached teams.

3 minutes ago, retrolock said:

Probably thought it was incomplete. (truthfully dude may be getting old lol)

This is the best game Gilmore has played as a Cowboy. He is keeping everything tight AND in front of him which isn't easy to do. It's funneling everything away from where Stafford is clearly wanting to go on his first read.

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I should add that they also look like a team that traded their #1 CB in the offseason

When you play a ton of cover 2 as they do, your #1 corner means a little bit less. It becomes more a test of discipline than ability vs ability in coverage. 

That said, it doesn't matter even if they had Ramsey. Their offense is only moving the ball when they run it at where Mazi was supposed to help this team, or screen to the side where Parsons is rushing. Our corners are eliminating their star receivers, despite us missing OUR #1 corner. We have Lawrence, Armstrong and others in Staffords face every drop back. And even Ferguson has made the proper adjustments vs zone to catch a very tough TD pass.