GDT: LA Rams (3-4) @ Dallas Cowboys (4-2)

DaBoys

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  It would be so easy to come up with an “Integrity of the Game Instant Replay Rule.”  Like, if it’s immediately obvious that the refs royally screwed up or blatantly missed an OBVIOUS penalty that the nfl could call into the officials on the field to fix it.  

But, I highly doubt the nfl would even entertain it.  I’ve got to believe that the NFL benefits from questionable officiating.  Why?  Because it adds to the suspense/drama and so people keep talking about it.  People are still talking about Miami/Philly based on the most horrific, lopsided officiciated game of the season so far.

my point is the NFL only cares minimally about the integrity of the game (just enough so that it won’t be confused with pro wrestling).  The NFL actually benefits to a good degree on questionable if not poor officiating.

The sports world is run by a bunch of P.T. Barnums and there’s  no such thing as bad publicity. Sad, but true.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I don't give a rat's furry anus WHAT the 49ers do. If THIS team can't beat the frickin Rams on our home turf AFTER a full week off and the HCs chance to prepare, they aint worth spit!

Being a true contender means you have a coach that wants to know his team so well he would take this opportunity to evaluate what he has done well, what needs work, address those issues, study his opponent an extra week and come out prepared to take it them.

If McCarthy can't do that, it tells you everything you need to know about this teams chances under this HC. 

It was for the sake of comparison. Good teams have their hiccups, too. It doesn’t have to sink their entire season.

The Rams need this win. They are better than their record would indicate.. kind of like the Vikings as the Niners found out last Monday. This matchup doesn’t equate to what should be an automatic win for Dallas. Dallas is favored and should win, but it is absolutely not a given.. bye week or not. 

A win here would be huge as it would set the team up to jump into the division lead with a win over Philly the next week. Losing here doesn’t mean the team should give it all up, though. Similar to how the Niners shouldn’t give it all up just because they’ve dropped two games in a row. Are they still a great team despite that adversity? Yes, they obviously are. Again.. just a comparison.

• Like 2

Dallas Cowboys Injury Report Today

Tyron Smith OT Neck Questionable

Juanyeh Thomas S Hamstring Full Participation In Practice

——

Los Angeles Rams Injury Report Today

Ben Skowronek WR Achilles Questionable

Hunter Long TE Hamstring Out

Ernest Jones LB Knee Questionable

Russ Yeast DB Hip Limited Participation In Practice

Aaron Donald DT NIR - Rest Did Not Participate In Practice

Larrell Murchison DT Knee Limited Participation In Practice

Rob Havenstein OT Calf Questionable

Byron Young OLB Knee Limited Participation In Practice

Brian Allen OL NIR - Rest Did Not Participate In Practice

21 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  It would be so easy to come up with an “Integrity of the Game Instant Replay Rule.”  Like, if it’s immediately obvious that the refs royally screwed up or blatantly missed an OBVIOUS penalty that the nfl could call into the officials on the field to fix it.  

But, I highly doubt the nfl would even entertain it.  I’ve got to believe that the NFL benefits from questionable officiating.  Why?  Because it adds to the suspense/drama and so people keep talking about it.  People are still talking about Miami/Philly based on the most horrific, lopsided officiciated game of the season so far.

my point is the NFL only cares minimally about the integrity of the game (just enough so that it won’t be confused with pro wrestling).  The NFL actually benefits to a good degree on questionable if not poor officiating.

When you consider the amount of money being bet every week, it isn't hard to figure out how the NFL is benefiting.

It's not just on the games or point spreads anymore, now it's on stats, fantasy points, etc.

Do you honestly believe that the people in charge of all of this "gambling" would leave trillions of dollars to chance?

The house ALWAYS wins. Money will change hands from week to week, but in the end, it's the House that wins. They have to, otherwise they would be outta buisness.

The big question is just WHO is in charge of all of this and how does it connect to the NFL and other big name "sports?"

I guess when you figure that out, the jig is up.

If any of you have a better explanation, im all ears.

When you consider the amount of money being bet every week, it isn't hard to figure out how the NFL is benefiting.

It's not just on the games or point spreads anymore, now it's on stats, fantasy points, etc.

Do you honestly believe that the people in charge of all of this "gambling" would leave trillions of dollars to chance?

The house ALWAYS wins. Money will change hands from week to week, but in the end, it's the House that wins. They have to, otherwise they would be outta buisness.

The big question is just WHO is in charge of all of this and how does it connect to the NFL and other big name "sports?"

Cowboys inactives today vs. Rams: LT Tyron Smith (neck), WR Jalen Brooks, RB Deuce Vaughn, CB Noah Igbinoghene, CB Eric Scott Jr., DE Viliami Fehoko Jr. and emergency third quarterback Trey Lance.

at this point in the season, can T-Rex ever be counted on anymore???

9 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Cowboys inactives today vs. Rams: LT Tyron Smith (neck), WR Jalen Brooks, RB Deuce Vaughn, CB Noah Igbinoghene, CB Eric Scott Jr., DE Viliami Fehoko Jr. and emergency third quarterback Trey Lance.

at this point in the season, can T-Rex ever be counted on anymore???

Just sit him until WC week ftw