Week 8: San Francisco 49ers vs Cincinnati Bengals

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

If the Chiefs had zero SB wins since the 2018 Mahomes era began they'd be hell to pay from their fan base so why should it be different for the Niners? The Chiefs fan base were starving for a SB even prior to Mahomes as Andy Reid was on the hot seat when Alex Smith was running the show.

The fan base was up in arms when they lost the 92/93 title games to the Cowboys and rightfully so. The only difference is that the got no franchise QB to rely on to save the day.

I never said to be satisfied with not winning a SB in nearly 30 years and not criticize the team. I'm responding to a man saying he is done with the team after this loss. 

Big difference. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

To me, Brock Purdy is experiencing for the first time last few games that everything is on him to win. He's a young QB see how he responds the rest of the season. I'm not concerned right now but it can turn into a concern real quick.  

The defense just seems all out of wack. Tbh maybe was an awful idea to hire someone to not run their defense and force them to do what was in place prior.

That's the point in that if the Niners are to expect Brock to carry them to wins then it's game over. I knew it was done when it was 7-0 Bengals lol! Unless the Niners are winning right from the get go then it's good night. 

Oh and this team is like 4th on the NFC pecking order right now as behind the Eagles, Cowboys, Seahawks & possibly Lions after tomorrow night. Look at the Cowboys how they bounced back after the Niners beatdown? The Niners have failed to bounce back after back to back defeats. Elite teams don't struggle for this amount of time and the teams lack of depth is showing up.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I never said to be satisfied with not winning a SB in nearly 30 years and not criticize the team. I'm responding to a man saying he is done with the team after this loss. 

Big difference. 

Well I'm not done with the team as I'm just done with ever believing a SB win is ever gonna come b/c I'll believe it when I see it. I pretty much will never believe any hype this team has unless I see a true franchise QB emerge. Presently I don't know how you can even consider this team winning a SB this year b/c they're way too flawed in all 3 phases of the game. 

13 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Well I'm not done with the team as I'm just done with ever believing a SB win is ever gonna come b/c I'll believe it when I see it. I pretty much will never believe any hype this team has unless I see a true franchise QB emerge. Presently I don't know how you can even consider this team winning a SB this year b/c they're way too flawed in all 3 phases of the game. 

Yeah, but I didn't respond to you when I said what I said.

And I don't know if they will or not win the SB. I do know they are struggling and have some glaring holes. They have time to fix some of the issues at the bye week but they have been a better second half team than first half team the last few years.

2021 started 3-5 and finished 7-2.

2022 started 4-4 and finished 9-0.

Let's see if this season is any different. 

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

Gimme a break they've won nothing since 1994 lol! Stop accepting consolations as this franchise once won 5 SB's in 15 seasons and now 0 in 29+! 

One day you'll rage-quit, and really mean it. Yet here you are continuing to watch games making yourself miserable. Why not just not watch any games until it's the 2 minute warning of a SB where the 49ers are blowing out the opponent? Just to be safe from any type of adversity you'll experience as a fan like right now at 5-3? 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

There are some overreactions in here which is normal after losses and especially after the stretch we just went through. But I disagree big time that we should not go for it this season. If it consists of a rental player? Then you still do it for the right player. When healthy, this team is still really really good. Which NFC team would you make a clear favorite over this team in the playoffs?

Purdy is going to have to figure out how to win these tight games and play a clean game and the defense will need to be better but we have gone through similar stretches every season with Shanny. There are some holes for sure but tweaks can be made midseason. Look at the Broncos for example. They looked like an all time bad defense to start the season and now have rounded back to form and look above average. 

Oliver is still not great in coverage but shoutout to him for having four big time stops behind or at the LOS. 

Did Drake Jackson even play today? I'm pretty sure Bosa played the entire game or close to it and I don't remember seeing Jackson out there. 

Drake Jackson did play late. 

25 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

One day you'll rage-quit, and really mean it. Yet here you are continuing to watch games making yourself miserable. Why not just not watch any games until it's the 2 minute warning of a SB where the 49ers are blowing out the opponent? Just to be safe from any type of adversity you'll experience as a fan like right now at 5-3? 

I'm an NFL first and Niners fan second and thus I'll always watch the NFL every Sunday regardless of how the Niners are doing. I'm just telling it like it is that the Niners ain't winning the SB anytime soon and I'm voicing my displeasure about it. Nothing wrong with that last time I checked.

33 minutes ago, gridirongorilla said:

Bye week could not come at a better time. Still in position for the wild card, but this defense isn't going to cut it

We still control our own destiny in the division race and the Seahawks were leading it at this point last season too

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, but I didn't respond to you when I said what I said.

And I don't know if they will or not win the SB. I do know they are struggling and have some glaring holes. They have time to fix some of the issues at the bye week but they have been a better second half team than first half team the last few years.

2021 started 3-5 and finished 7-2.

2022 started 4-4 and finished 9-0.

Let's see if this season is any different. 

The Niners are a playoff team but nothing more than that. I see about maybe 4 more losses as Eagles & Ravens are automatic losses and games at Jacksonville & Seattle look like losses. 11-6 may not even win them the division not that it matters at this point. 

The 2021 team is the one that got away b/c they had the Rams down and if they advance they beat the Bengals in the SB even with Jimmy at QB b/c the Bengals offensive line was woeful and they would've destroyed Joe Burrow.

This year's team had way higher expectations than the 2021 & 2022 teams as this year they had to get the #1 seed in order to win the NFC but that's done now and there's no way this team will win the NFC title game on the road and thus why this 3 game slide is a killer.

Edited by NFL Network

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

I'm an NFL first and Niners fan second and thus I'll always watch the NFL every Sunday regardless of how the Niners are doing. I'm just telling it like it is that the Niners ain't winning the SB anytime soon and I'm voicing my displeasure about it. Nothing wrong with that last time I checked.

Fair enough. Interesting you provide the most insight when the 49ers lose games. 

• Like 1