Week 8: San Francisco 49ers vs Cincinnati Bengals

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm going to poke some fun at Purdy, of course, but i still thought he made some pretty high level plays. Once again through three quarters you'd be pretty happy. 

But there are some major ups and downs now. But the good plays are still there. 

I mean the int at the 5 is as fluky as it gets. 

BUT asking him to just eat it there wouldn't be fair when we've seen him make lemonade out of lemons using that same type of improv. 

I was fuming at the time but what can you do??

Some time the other guy who get paid also, makes a play.

The other one is more concerning for me, as it seem he just kind of had his mind made up and was determine to go to Ayuik. He has to see the field better in that scenario.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I mean the int at the 5 is as fluky as it gets. 

BUT asking him to just eat it there wouldn't be fair when we've seen him make lemonade out of lemons using that same type of improv. 

I was fuming at the time but what can you do??

Some time the other guy who get paid also, makes a play.

The other one is more concerning for me, as it seem he just kind of had his mind made up and was determine to go to Ayuik. He has to see the field better in that scenario.

If it's supposed to be a run, that play is never going to work if you throw because the blocking assignments are wrong. Best case is there is a penalty and it's called back. There's 0 upside to actually throwing it there. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh come on, this team has made the NFCCG in back to back years and three in total in a four year span. Trust me, it could way be worse lol. 

This team always has rough patches, nothing new. 

Teams have adjusted to our offense and defense and now we have to make some changes after the bye week. 

Gimme a break they've won nothing since 1994 lol! Stop accepting consolations as this franchise once won 5 SB's in 15 seasons and now 0 in 29+! 

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

If this happens, Purdy has to kill the play. I love the fight, but you have to be willing to let it go. 

Makes sense I was wondering why he didn't hand the ball off to Mitchell. Look like he would have scored too.

To me, Brock Purdy is experiencing for the first time last few games that everything is on him to win. He's a young QB see how he responds the rest of the season. I'm not concerned right now but it can turn into a concern real quick.  

The defense just seems all out of wack. Tbh maybe was an awful idea to hire someone to not run their defense and force them to do what was in place prior.

• Like 2

These last 3 weeks have been miserable so many issues that I can't even think of how to fix. The run D is bad, Nick bosa/ Javon Hargrave are non existent in which I don't know if it's scheme or just bad play, Purdy coming back down to earth and I hope this isn't who he really is. The O-line should have been fixed for a few years now and they look horrible. There's still enough time in the season to correct things but my goodness has this team regressed it's disgusting.

26 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Gimme a break they've won nothing since 1994 lol! Stop accepting consolations as this franchise once won 5 SB's in 15 seasons and now 0 in 29+! 

Sure, but to act like this has been a bottom feeding franchise in recent years is hilarious. They have not gotten it done but they have been in the hunt plenty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, but to act like this has been a bottom feeding franchise in recent years is hilarious. They have not gotten it done but they have been in the hunt plenty. 

If the Chiefs had zero SB wins since the 2018 Mahomes era began they'd be hell to pay from their fan base so why should it be different for the Niners? The Chiefs fan base were starving for a SB even prior to Mahomes as Andy Reid was on the hot seat when Alex Smith was running the show.

The fan base was up in arms when they lost the 92/93 title games to the Cowboys and rightfully so. The only difference is that the got no franchise QB to rely on to save the day.

There are some overreactions in here which is normal after losses and especially after the stretch we just went through. But I disagree big time that we should not go for it this season. If it consists of a rental player? Then you still do it for the right player. When healthy, this team is still really really good. Which NFC team would you make a clear favorite over this team in the playoffs?

Purdy is going to have to figure out how to win these tight games and play a clean game and the defense will need to be better but we have gone through similar stretches every season with Shanny. There are some holes for sure but tweaks can be made midseason. Look at the Broncos for example. They looked like an all time bad defense to start the season and now have rounded back to form and look above average. 

Oliver is still not great in coverage but shoutout to him for having four big time stops behind or at the LOS. 

Did Drake Jackson even play today? I'm pretty sure Bosa played the entire game or close to it and I don't remember seeing Jackson out there.