Do you think the Bills current window is closed?

CP3MVP

On 12/17/2023 at 2:18 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Lol they won’t be in the CC game, even if they find a way in the playoffs. They are very flawed. Just on a slight heater. 

They are not very flawed at the moment. In fact, they fired their biggest flaw a month or so ago and have been on a tear ever since. Things can change quickly, though.

I don't think any AFC team is clearly ahead of them. The Ravens are good, but they look beatable. Buffalo beat the Chiefs. They've been slapping around the Dolphins since Josh Allen became QB, and the Dolphins struggle against good teams whereas Buffalo does not. What's the Dolphins record against Josh Allen? Or teams with winning records? The Jags are going through their rough patch of the season at the worst time. Cleveland is interesting, but I don't think anyone would have them clearly ahead of Buffalo. 

I'd say anyone who thinks Buffalo isn't a threat is just tired of them being good. They're reaching contender status again, and if the game in Miami is for the division- I'd bet the house that there will be at least 1 playoff game in Buffalo. Now, if they play down to their opponents the next two weeks, then yeah- fraud alert! 

I'm sure quite a few teams are taking note of the cold breeze picking up momentum from WNY; a storm is brewing!

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looking at the Bills' cap situation for next season and it is ROUGH.

A lot of old players on bad contracts. Von Miller especially. 

They might have no choice but to get rid of Diggs and Tre' White.

Their continued success will depend on how well they can turn over those key positions.

Just now, Apparition said:

Looking at the Bills' cap situation for next season and it is ROUGH.

A lot of old players on bad contracts. Von Miller especially. 

They might have no choice but to get rid of Diggs and Tre' White.

Their continued success will depend on how well they can turn over those key positions.

I think they have to choose one of two paths:

Remodel (similar to what the Rams did) - which probably includes getting rid of most vets plus Diggs (for whatever the hell was going on there this year)

Fire the coach and see if another can get it done

Anything else is the definition of insanity at this point

• Like 1

I've said this before but the Bills are like the Steelers of the '10s. They're going to perpetually play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to the real iron of the AFC (in this case, the Chiefs and Ravens). Might sneak into the conference title game once or twice more before Allen can no longer play the way he does, but it'll take season-ending injuries to Mahomes and/or Lamar for them to reach the Super Bowl.

Diggs doesn't feel like much of a loss right now. He's still an alright receiver but he doesn't do anything off ball. If he plays like he did this year he's not worth anything close to 18 per. He's 31, he's lost a step, his game is worse and he's not doing anything off ball. I won't call him a bum, but he seems washed. He doesn't do any of the things that would make him a valuable role-player either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Diggs doesn't feel like much of a loss right now. He's still an alright receiver but he doesn't do anything off ball. If he plays like he did this year he's not worth anything close to 18 per. He's 31, he's lost a step, his game is worse and he's not doing anything off ball. I won't call him a bum, but he seems washed. He doesn't do any of the things that would make him a valuable role-player either.

He certainly seems like he's entered the "Andre Johnson on the Colts" phase of his career.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I've said this before but the Bills are like the Steelers of the '10s. They're going to perpetually play 2nd or 3rd fiddle to the real iron of the AFC (in this case, the Chiefs and Ravens). Might sneak into the conference title game once or twice more before Allen can no longer play the way he does, but it'll take season-ending injuries to Mahomes and/or Lamar for them to reach the Super Bowl.

Crazy thing is they still have to go through Cincinnati with a healthy Burrow, who they seem to match up horribly with.

Houston is on the ascension as well.

4 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Yeah, I think you were the person I saw post about it first, but I couldn't not notice it the rest of the game. They ran so many plays with multiple WRs in tight, too, and Diggs was the only guy split out wide on his own, and they highlighted how well guys like Shakir and Sherfield were doing blocking, and Diggs was just...there. He was just there to give Sneed something to look at.

• Like 1