Week #8 General 🏈 Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Alright I want one representative from each team to tell me the pertinent injuries on their team we need to be made aware of.Β 

Β 

I'll start.Β 

Seahawks should be getting Dee Eskridge back. This means nothing. DK Metcalf should be considered 50/50 to play, & I don't see him having a huge impact if he does suit up. The team also placed EDGE Uchenna Nwosu on IR, which is a huge loss for this defense.Β 

Interesting that there are no teams on a bye this week. But some teams will have byes as late as DecemberΒ 

There don't seem to be any marquee matchups, but a lot of solid games.Β 

-Texans-Panthers (battle of the top two QB's)

-Rams-Cowboys (Rams fighting for a playoff spot, Cowboys are a top 5 NFC team at worst)

-Vikings-Packers (loser will have a tough time making the playoffsΒ 

-Jets-Giants (both teams showing fight with their backup QB's)

-Jaguars-Steelers (Jags found their groove, Steelers find ways to win somehow)

-Eagles-Commanders (Commanders almost upset the Eagles a few weeks ago, can they seal the deal?)

-Browns-Seahawks (stifling defense comes to the PNW against the Seahawks, another team i'd classify as top 5 in the NFC)

-Bengals-49ers (Bengals coming off a bye against a 49ers team reeling with a bad loss, short week & QB injury)

That's 8 solid games for one reason or another, and maybe i'm crazy, i think all 3 primetime games could be competitive/watchable tooΒ 

7 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Alright I want one representative from each team to tell me the pertinent injuries on their team we need to be made aware of.Β 

Β 

I'll start.Β 

Seahawks should be getting Dee Eskridge back. This means nothing. DK Metcalf should be considered 50/50 to play, & I don't see him having a huge impact if he does suit up. The team also placed EDGE Uchenna Nwosu on IR, which is a huge loss for this defense.Β 

Deebo is 100% out. Brock Purdy is in concussion protocol, Darnold will almost certainly start. Trent could be out & Greenlaw seemed to have his hamsring injury flare up last game so maybe he sits out again.Β 

So, 1 starter definitely out, upto 3 other starters including the QB potentially out too

17 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Interesting that there are no teams on a bye this week. But some teams will have byes as late as DecemberΒ 

There don't seem to be any marquee matchups, but a lot of solid games.Β 

-Texans-Panthers (battle of the top two QB's)

-Rams-Cowboys (Rams fighting for a playoff spot, Cowboys are a top 5 NFC team at worst)

-Vikings-Packers (loser will have a tough time making the playoffsΒ 

-Jets-Giants (both teams showing fight with their backup QB's)

-Jaguars-Steelers (Jags found their groove, Steelers find ways to win somehow)

-Eagles-Commanders (Commanders almost upset the Eagles a few weeks ago, can they seal the deal?)

-Browns-Seahawks (stifling defense comes to the PNW against the Seahawks, another team i'd classify as top 5 in the NFC)

-Bengals-49ers (Bengals coming off a bye against a 49ers team reeling with a bad loss, short week & QB injury)

That's 8 solid games for one reason or another, and maybe i'm crazy, i think all 3 primetime games could be competitive/watchable tooΒ 

You are crazy if you think that the bears-chargers game on SNF will be watchable!...The bears are awful to watch...same thing for the raiders on MNF(at Detroit)!

30 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Deebo is 100% out. Brock Purdy is in concussion protocol, Darnold will almost certainly start. Trent could be out & Greenlaw seemed to have his hamsring injury flare up last game so maybe he sits out again.Β 

So, 1 starter definitely out, upto 3 other starters including the QB potentially out too

I'd give Purdy a close-to 0% chance of playing with the way the league has been handling concussions this year. I don't know if a single player has returned the week of entering the protocol.Β 

2 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Β 

I'll start.Β 

Well we're starting PJ Walker again and will be featuring RBs who weren't even on the roster this summer, so Seattle has a very good chance at winning. I'd say they should be favored.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Well we're starting PJ Walker again and will be featuring RBs who weren't even on the roster this summer, so Seattle has a very good chance at winning. I'd say they should be favored.

Favored, sure, but I’d argue Walker is an upgrade & Hunt is certainly serviceable (though I expect him to get shutdown against the leagues #1 run defense). Seattles offense has sputtered, so I’m anticipating a close, ugly 16-13 type game.Β 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Favored, sure, but I’d argue Walker is an upgrade & Hunt is certainly serviceable (though I expect him to get shutdown against the leagues #1 run defense). Seattles offense has sputtered, so I’m anticipating a close, ugly 16-13 type game.Β 

Geno will look so good and then he hits the redzone

51 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I know the popular thing around here is to hate on Watson, but that's 100% not true lol

• Like 2