The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

TCU knew bc OSU told them it was happening. Many B1G teams have acknowledged it was happening. Guessing no one knew the extent of it though. 

So, if you know it's happening, then how much of them beating you is on the sign stealing and how much of it is on them just being better?

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

So, if you know it's happening, then how much of them beating you is on the sign stealing and how much of it is on them just being better?

It's not that easy of an answer. TCU had a month to prepare and change things up. Other conference opponents had games every week and likely couldn't change signs up while prepping for other teams. MWil might be able to comment on how easy it would be to change signs midweek. Regardless, Stalions still had people going to games so if the signs were changed, he'd know anyway. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

It's not that easy of an answer. TCU had a month to prepare and change things up. Other conference opponents had games every week and likely couldn't change signs up while prepping for other teams. MWil might be able to comment on how easy it would be to change signs midweek. Regardless, Stalions still had people going to games so if the signs were changed, he'd know anyway. 

I'm sure they could implement a "Michigan gameplan" or something of the sort. The simple fact is that 99% of the teams Michigan plays, they're just better than. This only becomes an issue for Ohio State or Penn State in conference. Maybe Iowa or Wisconsin on their absolute best day.

The sad part of this is honestly all of us fans. I'm tired of hearing things like Michigan fans deserve this. Couldn't happen to a better group of fans etc. 

Not so much on here but in general and if there weren't moderators here I'm sure by some of these posts we could see similar behavior.

The fans had nothing to do with this. Majority of Michigan fans I've talked to are disgusted by this.

Michigan fans are victims in this as well as fans of teams they've cheated. 

it is all really horrible and honestly just sickening but people need to lay off the Michigan fans. This is 100% on Harbaugh and the culture he decided to embrace and become. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, detfan782004 said:

The sad part of this is honestly all of us fans. I'm tired of hearing things like Michigan fans deserve this. Couldn't happen to a better group of fans etc. 

Not so much on here but in general and if there weren't moderators here I'm sure by some of these posts we could see similar behavior.

The fans had nothing to do with this. Majority of Michigan fans I've talked to are disgusted by this.

Michigan fans are victims in this as well as fans of teams they've cheated. 

it is all really horrible and honestly just sickening but people need to lay off the Michigan fans. This is 100% on Harbaugh and the culture he decided to embrace and become. 

I agree with all of this but I’ve had an inordinate amount of Michigan fans over the past almost decade thump their chests about what great character Jimbo has and shamed plenty of OSU fans about what a dirtbag Urban was and what a fake hypocrite Jim Tressel was going back 15+ years now, so I’ll be interested to see how they “can possibly stay a fan of that institution” the way they came at some of us during that time period. 

Clearly this doesn’t apply to you and @General Tso who I feel legitimately bad for, but some others who aren’t posting in this thread or mostly IRL folks on the other hand, they’ll have some walking back to do and apologizing of their own to do before some stop reminding them that “the only reason Michigan beat Ohio State or won the B1G is because they cheated to an extent of hacking into their practice film database.”

Edited by MWil23

And let’s be real here, it’s not just games or conference titles they manipulated.

Michigan probably cost UT or Clemson (smirk) a shot at a playoff appearance, not even taking into account that OSU probably gets the 2 seed undefeated or was cost a spot the year before.

How did this impact the perception of CJ Stroud’s draft stock before he showed his capabilities vs Georgia? If that game doesn’t happen who knows how far he falls completely unjustifiably. How many other players were victims here? How many other assistant and head coaches were fired because of big losses here? How many millions of dollars did they cost these teams who didn’t make certain bowl games? The list goes on and on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

How did this impact the perception of CJ Stroud’s draft stock before he showed his capabilities vs Georgia?

I know what you’re saying, but that Georgia matchup was the BEST thing that could have possibly happened for CJ.

After that, you had moron scouts ripping him in the offseason. Nothing can be done about that.

I think he should have gone #1 overall and he’s showing why in the NFL. Let the Panthers live with their mistake. 

Edited by candyman93

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I know what you’re saying, but that Georgia matchup was the BEST thing that could have possibly happened for CJ.

After that, you had moron scouts ripping him in the offseason. Nothing can be done about that.

I think he should have gone #1 overall and he’s showing why in the NFL. Let the Panthers live with their mistake. 

That’s more or less exactly my point. If teams don’t stumble down the stretch he never gets that opportunity and plummets, because the year before that’s exactly what happened and nobody cared what he did vs Utah or other teams. The narrative was “he struggles vs good teams”.

Even half of what many of us including myself have said about Ryan Day are based off of those 2021 and 2022 beat downs in that single game.

If he wins those games or even loses just one but it’s close, it does change the perception of him.

And I haven’t even talked about coaches losing hundreds of thousands in incentives for things like beating Michigan, winning the B1G, or winning a playoff game/national title which is a domino effect if you lose that game.

58 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Some of Stroud value was more tanked due to previous OSU QBs not doing well in NFL and the turnover inflated value of Bama players.

Teams looking at past QBs coming out of there cost Stroud unfortunately 

8 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Look on the bright side. Your scandal is related to on the field stuff, unlike some of the other members of your conference.

Mel Tucker has not commented on the situation, but he owes Harbaugh a gift basket.

He hasn't commented yet not because he wouldn't. It's just nobody wants to get on the phone with him to ask.

• Like 1