The Michigan/Sign Stealing & COVID Punishment Thread

BobbyPhil1781

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

UM are the Houston Astros of NCAAF.

I'm guessing away fan bases are about to give them the same treatment.

It didn't stop the Astros from continuing to win, but they are by far the most hated team in sports... as of now.

The only difference is people seem far less outraged over Michigan doing it than the Houston Astros

51 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Very interesting point made on yes mgoblog 

The Big10 (and potentially the ncaa ) have just opened themselves up to a potentially massive class action law suit from any and all football players. According to there own written statement the act of sign stealing or knowing an opponents play is a risk to player safety, health and well being.  Both the big10 and ncaa openly admit they allow sign stealing and it is not against the rules. Most member coaches have admitted on record they do it, and the conference (and ncaa) allow it.  Connecting dots the conferences is knowingly engaging in and allowing a practice it considers a risk to player health.  Many attempts threw the years have been made from multi parties to have all conference members ( and ncaa teams in separate attempts ) equipped with helmet communication technology. Every time the big10 and ncaa have rejected these requests. Putting player safety and health at risk despite being presented with options to stop the practice they consider a direct risk to player health.  

Hate to quote my own post but this really could be the biggest thing to come out of all this. It’s a dead to rights case they admit it in there own argument. Every Michigan player could literally sign on a class action suit tomorrow and players all across the league past and present would sign on in a heart beat.  Think this threw its pretty damning

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The only difference is people seem far less outraged over Michigan doing it than the Houston Astros

Sign stealing in baseball is a completely different story. It’s an apples to oranges argument.  It’s not legal in baseball period for one. Astro’s broke the rule and went to an extreme measure.  It’s not against the rules in football.  Coach Prime played both professionally and said it’s a much bigger advantage in baseball. Also even in the Astro’s case nobody really cares. The Tigers still hired there manager. They have a bigger national fan base than ever actually.  Yankees fans whine but nobody actually cares. No one considers them not the WS champs. 

We are still talking about something that is legal and getting everyone’s panties bunched up over the method being against an obscure rule no one knew about until the media told them to be outraged.  There’s still no competitive advantage if both teams are doing it just by different measures.

I have to laugh at the big10 (especially osu) suddenly arguing a rules a rule and it doesn’t matter we have to uphold it.  I’m sure Indiana fans wish everyone felt that way when the big10 changed its rules over night so osu could go to the conference championship game even though Indiana won the division according to the rules.  Or 1973 when the big10 changed its rule so Ohio state could go to the rose bowl instead of Michigan because there qb was injured. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Looking forward to Harbaugh leaving for the Chicago Bears and Marvin Harrison Jr telling his agent he will not play for the Bears if they intend to draft him.

You know very little about Jim Harbaugh if you think he’d want to draft a wr with one of his 2 top 5 picks.  

We all know that if Ohio State was the target of this investigation, Michigan (esp their fans) would be singing a different tune lol.  But bcuz it's Michigan, it's...

Deny, deny, deny
"Everybody does it"
File lawsuits

not-guilty.gif

Just own it, take responsibility and deal with the consequences. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Sign stealing in baseball is a completely different story. It’s an apples to oranges argument.  It’s not legal in baseball period for one. Astro’s broke the rule and went to an extreme measure.  It’s not against the rules in football.

Stealing signs is legal in baseball, you just can't use video equipment, the same as football.

44 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Also even in the Astro’s case nobody really cares.

You obviously don't follow baseball. They are booed everywhere, even players that left the Astros.

45 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

We are still talking about something that is legal and getting everyone’s panties bunched up over the method being against an obscure rule no one knew about until the media told them to be outraged.  There’s still no competitive advantage if both teams are doing it just by different measures.

See Patriots, NFL. The rules are pretty clearly outlined. Same here.

46 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I have to laugh at the big10 (especially osu) suddenly arguing a rules a rule and it doesn’t matter we have to uphold it.  I’m sure Indiana fans wish everyone felt that way when the big10 changed its rules over night so osu could go to the conference championship game even though Indiana won the division according to the rules.  Or 1973 when the big10 changed its rule so Ohio state could go to the rose bowl instead of Michigan because there qb was injured. 

I get it, the Harbaugh defense, highlight things that are irrelevant. It's what every 5 year old does. It does nothing to change the current situation. I know I slapped Billy but Dave was eating paste.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

It’s not legal in baseball period for one.

Where the hell did you get that idea? You can't use any enhanced measures like video or binoculars. You can't have someone from the team in the outfield relaying signs. But a guy on 2nd base absolutely can, and you can absolutely try to decode the 3rd base coaches signals to know if they have a play on.

• Like 1

Just now, mse326 said:

Where the hell did you get that idea? You can't use any enhanced measures like video or binoculars. You can't have someone from the team in the outfield relaying signs. But a guy on 2nd base absolutely can, and you can absolutely try to decode the 3rd base coaches signals to know if they have a play on.

I played pretty competitive baseball for a long time and stealing signs from second base was one of my favorite things to do. Only bad part is when the opposing team got wind of it a few times and needless to say our guys would get backed off the plate a little bit. All part of the game in this situation. 

• Like 1