2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

26 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I can imagine WSH would throw terry in the trade after watching carolina have their #1 draft pick QB have nobody to throw it to because DJ was included in the trade

I guess it just depends on how badly they want Caleb...I don't think anyone thought Moore was being added in before he was...

Even if it wasn't Terry the Commanders probably have the most quality players of any of the teams around that spot...they have just never been able to put it all together...especially on the defensive side of the ball where many of them would fit our scheme.

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

I can imagine WSH would throw terry in the trade after watching carolina have their #1 draft pick QB have nobody to throw it to because DJ was included in the trade

They do have Dotson, but I came to say this exact thing.

Which is why it’s hard to see anyone giving us any real vet piece. It’s why these are almost always all pick based deals. 

I’d bet we would be looking at something more like taking some of those many picks we received and flipping some of them to another team for a disgruntled vet

17 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I'm absolutely good with that. Though I may go for a center earlier. I would not be mad that this draft at all.

My thought here was that we are signing a starting C in FA and that the draft pick was developmental depth that keeps Lucas Patrick off the roster. 

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wouldn’t overthink it - yesterday was against a team that was quitting harder than any team I’ve ever seen. In his other 7 starts he has 4 TDs and 7 INTs. 

In the prior game, they scored 0 points. Funny how everyone on twitter last night was like "told you O'Connell was a steal in the 4th!!!!11!"

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wouldn’t overthink it - yesterday was against a team that was quitting harder than any team I’ve ever seen. In his other 7 starts he has 4 TDs and 7 INTs. 

the sack fumble that john jenkins returned for a td was hilarious because all the offensive lineman just standing there and watching the ball just lay there

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

In the prior game, they scored 0 points. Funny how everyone on twitter last night was like "told you O'Connell was a steal in the 4th!!!!11!"

I haven't watched Raiders at all.  I started watching late last night and fell asleep early in first.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

did you see the one dude just chuck the ball into the air for no reason?

I'm not getting the game but I've been following it on espn gamecast or whatever. Howell is 6/20 for 56 yards. I'd prefer to keep Williams out of the NFC but if the Bears do roll with Fields in 2024, Washington might be desperate enough to give the Bears a haul