2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

5 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Would another DJ Moore but faster be a bad thing?

Don't get me wrong, I like Franklin and Coleman too, but I'm not going to sacrifice skill because Coleman is tall.

I think DJ is faster than Nabers.

Franklin (fast) or ThomasJr/Coleman (height and good hands battle before the catch) with DJ Moore are more dangerous and give JF1 better options. 

If we ended up with Nabers and DJ, I'm OK... not mad at all.

Edited by JibjeResearch
  • Like 1

The only two things I don't like about Nabers are

1. that he's not a contested catch guy. He grasps the ball out of the air, but he's more of a "get open" or "YAC" guy (those aren't at all bad things either, just pointing out that contested catches don't appear to be his strength)

2. He dance-celebrates ALOT on his film. Enough to where it bothered me. Probably nothing, but could be an indicator of diva like mentality. Not something we can really scout well without talking to him.

EDIT:

Should note, that neither of those things are remotely "deal breakers"..... His YAC ability is huge, and I almost think he might end up as a more successful receiver than MHJ because of it.  MHJ can do contested catches better, but he also goes down really easily.

Edited by Epyon

It occurs to me that one advantage to getting rid of the coaching staff (or even just the OC, to a smaller extent), is you can make qb situation evaluation part of the interview process. 

It could be helpful to get the outside perspective on what they think about fields, and/or the draft prospects. Or even, if a consensus builds among the coaching candidates, be able to compare that data against the scouting department's. 

1 hour ago, Epyon said:

It occurs to me that one advantage to getting rid of the coaching staff (or even just the OC, to a smaller extent), is you can make qb situation evaluation part of the interview process. 

It could be helpful to get the outside perspective on what they think about fields, and/or the draft prospects. Or even, if a consensus builds among the coaching candidates, be able to compare that data against the scouting department's. 

The biggest thing to me is, whether or not we do change HC, let that guy have an equal say in whether he wants Fields or a rookie. If they think Fields can be great? Cool. If not? Cool. But make it their choice, not one that’s forced upon them. If the QB isn’t one the HC wants then it’s set up to fail no matter which guy it is. 

Of course, if that choice were to be Fields a certain faction of the fan base would never believe it so, but that’s a different discussion lol. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The biggest thing to me is, whether or not we do change HC, let that guy have an equal say in whether he wants Fields or a rookie. If they think Fields can be great? Cool. If not? Cool. But make it their choice, not one that’s forced upon them. If the QB isn’t one the HC wants then it’s set up to fail no matter which guy it is. 

Of course, if that choice were to be Fields a certain faction of the fan base would never believe it so, but that’s a different discussion lol. 

100%...if Flus goes then the QB conversation becomes very different (don't see that happening mind you)

If Getsy goes no doubt we should target a guy who wants Fields but if there is a stand out candidate who is totally against it then again the conversation becomes different and that has to be factored into any decision made.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

100%...if Flus goes then the QB conversation becomes very different (don't see that happening mind you)

If Getsy goes no doubt we should target a guy who wants Fields but if there is a stand out candidate who is totally against it then again the conversation becomes different and that has to be factored into any decision made.

If both Flus and Fields stay on then it's very likely Getsy is let go.

In that scenario if I'm Flus then I am targeting either Greg Roman or Darrell Bevell as OC.

Both of these guys know how to coach a QB with Fields' skill set and have had success  doing so and I'm sure both wouldn't mind working under a possible lame duck coach for 1 year

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If both Flus and Fields stay on then it's very likely Getsy is let go.

In that scenario if I'm Flus then I am targeting either Greg Roman or Darrell Bevell as OC.

Both of these guys know how to coach a QB with Fields' skill set and have had success  doing so and I'm sure both wouldn't mind working under a possible lame duck coach for 1 year

Personally this is how I see it going.

Watching this Georgia vs. Florida State games really enforces my believe that the transfer portal shouldn't be a thing until after the Nation Championship game has been played...should be sanctions for any player tampering before it much like NFL free agency...what a waste of a bowl game.

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Watching this Georgia vs. Florida State games really enforces my believe that the transfer portal shouldn't be a thing until after the Nation Championship game has been played...should be sanctions for any player tampering before it much like NFL free agency...what a waste of a bowl game.

Can’t do that due to enrollment.

Plus most guys who are on their way out would still sit out anyway, same thing with the draft, no reason to get hurt for a team you are no longer planning on playing for

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Can’t do that due to enrollment.

Plus most guys who are on their way out would still sit out anyway, same thing with the draft, no reason to get hurt for a team you are no longer planning on playing for

I know man...just sucks to see these big game be ruined...hopefully the bigger playoff brackets next year make it a little better.

• Like 1

If we do trade down from #1 (and we should) then Washington just makes so much sense...

• New Owner
  • New HC incoming
  • Need a face of the franchise
  • Caleb is from DC
  • Have additional resources this year
  • Have the shortest distance to move up

Bears trade

for

Commanders trade

2025 1st round pick

Keeps us right there for MHJ...take a Centre like JPJ at #42 and you have fixed your two biggest weaknesses on offence while picking up another 3rd (alongside probably another one for Ian Cunningham) then in 2025 you have 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds...given how well Poles has drafted so far that could be the basis for year on year success for the next decade.