2024 Draft Debate and Discussion

Epyon

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

He most likely will be, but no one should pretend that its not a question that needs to be answered

Very true, and the problem for all of us, is we will never know what the Bears think about all of that until the minute they publicly make the decision and trade Fields/the Pick

I will be shocked if he measures under 6' 

I guess there are pictures with perspective that can screw with you.  

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

That is all good news.  

Edited by dll2000

4 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I'm pretty sure it's for show as well but a part of me wonders if they just find it easier to work with Mayor Johnson than Lightfoot.

For what it's worth,  a couple of people I've talked to who were announcing the sky was falling when he got elected and not Vallas are actually saying decent things about him, which is pretty surprising. I think business in general has had a better time with him than they were expecting.  He was not my first choice but holy hell is he better than Lightfoot.  I struggle to think of a politician that has managed to piss off both extremes and most of the middle better/faster than she had. Truly epic and complete failure to be at all appealing to anyone, which is usually not ideal in politics. She was like that Spiderman meme, where all the Spidermen are pointing at each other, but at a family/friends gathering and the commies and nazis all think the other side has to answer for her.  No info on this, but I do think the city reached out to the Bears and genuinely tried, but I am also pretty certain this new exploration of the "Bears Slightly South" is for show.  

JF and 3.75 to Pittsburgh for 1.20?

I'm saying yes all day - but think it would be a no from PIT. We would have to throw more in, or we really do find that middle ground with 2.51. Arthur Smith there really complicates things.

I honestly think that NE is the best spot for him. Draft MHJ and trade 2.34 for JF (base of trade, would likely be more complicated)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

Schefter will be wrong.

The Bears will keep the Best QB to WR combo in the history of the Chicago Bears when they trade the 1stOverall to Washington or New England and select WR MHJ.

I truly cannot wait to see your reaction when he's traded. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JibjeResearch said:

Schefter will be wrong.

The Bears will keep the Best QB to WR combo in the history of the Chicago Bears when they trade the 1stOverall to Washington or New England and select WR MHJ.

Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler are retired, brother.

118/1508/11 in 2012

100/1295/12 in 2013 (while Alston had 89/1421/7) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

JF and 3.75 to Pittsburgh for 1.20?

I'm saying yes all day - but think it would be a no from PIT. We would have to throw more in, or we really do find that middle ground with 2.51. Arthur Smith there really complicates things.

I honestly think that NE is the best spot for him. Draft MHJ and trade 2.34 for JF (base of trade, would likely be more complicated)

Everyone seems to feel ATL is the sweet spot, but PIT with Arthur Smith now at OC makes as much or more sense IMO:

-At 20, PIT is out of range for the top prospects 

-Smith had his most success with Tannehill and Mariota, who are stylistically similar. Strong running game? Check. Downfield passing attack? Check. 

-PIT clearly showed at the end of the season that they’re not committed to Pickett

-Fields will cost them significantly less than the top FA options 

-(from the Bears side) Fields is moved out of the NFC

39 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

I truly cannot wait to see your reaction when he's traded. 

I think it’s Fields or Williams, but if we somehow end up with Maye or Daniels instead, watching the Danny Parkins total meltdown will be amaaaaaaaaazing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think it’s Fields or Williams, but if we somehow end up with Maye or Daniels instead, watching the Danny Parkins total meltdown will be amaaaaaaaaazing. 

I like him, and their show is by far my favorite on the score, but omg yes it will be great.  He digs his heels in waayyyy too deep on many topics, and is usually way wrong.  You can make a fortune betting the exact opposite of whatever he predicts.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I like him, and their show is by far my favorite on the score, but omg yes it will be great.  He digs his heels in waayyyy too deep on many topics, and is usually way wrong.  You can make a fortune betting the exact opposite of whatever he predicts.

I like him most of the time, but he gets way too radio hosty on occasion with the over the top Fields/Williams stuff and the clearly contrived content just for the sake of content. There’s plenty to discuss in Chicago sports without resorting to that stuff IMO. 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I like him most of the time, but he gets way too radio hosty on occasion with the over the top Fields/Williams stuff and the clearly contrived content just for the sake of content. There’s plenty to discuss in Chicago sports without resorting to that stuff IMO. 

Agreed.  Honestly i could just listen to shane and tanny talk about life without Danny/spiegel talking sports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Brandon Marshall and Jay Cutler are retired, brother.

118/1508/11 in 2012

100/1295/12 in 2013 (while Alston had 89/1421/7) 

JF1 missed 4 games, but add 3 more games with DJ to make a total of 16 games, JF1 to DJ2 would have passed them both.

I can't remember exactly, but also the percentage of JF1 to DJ was 70% or better... I might missed by a few percentages here.  The TD might not better.... however, I think a few more years together will be great for JF1 to DJ2.

4 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Everyone seems to feel ATL is the sweet spot, but PIT with Arthur Smith now at OC makes as much or more sense IMO:

-At 20, PIT is out of range for the top prospects 

-Smith had his most success with Tannehill and Mariota, who are stylistically similar. Strong running game? Check. Downfield passing attack? Check. 

-PIT clearly showed at the end of the season that they’re not committed to Pickett

-Fields will cost them significantly less than the top FA options 

-(from the Bears side) Fields is moved out of the NFC

I think Pitt would be his best scheme fit at this point…also puts some talent around him but I would want pick #20 straight up for him…when you start looking at mid-late 2nd & 4ths the value just isn’t the same as if your getting a top 10 2nd where your probably getting a guy who could have gone 1st round and an early 4th where you have reset the board over night and have a clear view of who you want…

3 first round picks with the ability to take an elite prospect at QB and then have the flexibility to close the gap between picks and get a 2nd round pick potentially 2 would be huge.